I was sooooo close to dumping the Inc.General

Last Updated:

1. Classic

Classic Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was super close to ending my contract with Verizon ( it's my first month ) and signing up with Sprint so I can get the Evo after HEAVY pondering I decided not to !!!! Im in it for the long haul

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I've been with Verizon for nearly a decade and have no intentions of switching...

3. ethon

ethon Well-Known Member

Really? tell me more

4. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

How does that make you feel?

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

I don't think I will ever leave Verizon since they have such great service

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I will agree with you that his post was uncalled for/out of line, however, a thread like this is just as pointless. Imagine if everyone that was pondering about either phone made a thread with their decision.

7. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Best thread ever?

8. Classic

WOW sorry guys, didn't mean to impede on your existence with my meaning less rhetoric...It was sorta of big deal at the moment (sort of..LOL)..and I came home and posted it. Expecting nothing, or if anything some reaffirmation..I guess this was the wrong place..1,000 apologies ..LOL

9. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Was there a specific reason? I been with Verizon for a while.. right before release of BB Tour, where I was just fed up with Verizon and their reliance on network and never keeping up on new phones their customer service won me over... I had a phone I hated, was right outside of the 30 day return window, but they upgraded me to tour at 2 year price with no actual 2 year extension and I kept the old phone (which i sold on CL later) just to keep me as a customer, and I was not even irate or argumentative with them.. They just did it... Verizon now basically has me for life...

10. Classic

I guess you could say I was in a state of flux. I have always had the Evo on my mind and my 30 days are up tomorrow. On top of that my volume rocker all of the sudden stopped letting me turn my device down and I can't get a replacement unit until next week. And lastly I was feelin like my Verizon plan was going to get a little pricey.

11. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, you made the right decision.

12. ethon

ethon Well-Known Member

Glad you made the right choice

13. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

Ditto

14. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

Apology accepted :p

15. Xeeros

Xeeros Member

I was pondering that myself after a horrible customer service exp. but the light at the end of the tunnel had me stay sorta. After 4 bad days with store associates and call staff who wanted me to just go away and deal, I had one marvelous day of BOTH store and phone support. I got free minutes and my phone swapped (I am infact Incredibless right now) under their 30 day hassle free thing that wasn't exactly hassle free. I had the super bum model that stopped working altogether eventually which is what they kept telling me to deal with until it stopped connecting to the mobile network then they said it was no longer eligible and then a tech at a store handled the rest and got me my replacement finally.

16. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

I was pondering the same thing, but my wife, several EVO reviews, and some friends complaints about Sprint service in my area made me realize I had made the right decision.

17. Wickiup

Wickiup Well-Known Member

Well, some people may not have enjoyed reading your "meaningless rhetoric", but I thought it was refreshing! I, too, am with Verizon forever. We travel in our motorhome to mountainous areas in the Pacific Northwest, FAR away from any civilization. Verizon is the only carrier that will nearly always give me a signal. We have friends that have had T-Mobile and AT&T and they lost their signal before they ever started up the mountain and it didn't come back once we arrived at our camping spot either! For that reason alone, I will always be with Verizon and will gladly pay the price.
    BTW, our first Verizon phone was one of the old "bag phones" that were 3 watt. That was in the early 90's... been with them ever since.
    I suppose this should have been in the Verizon Forum but, oh well... :(

18. Classic

Thanks guys,these are the responses I was lookin for..lol , with that said I digress, this thread was maybe, somewhat, the slightest bit pointless..I'll try not to impulse post in the future..

19. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

I'm new to VZW, a little more expensive but worth it, Started with T-mobile, lack of service, had an hour of deadspace 2 miles out of my city. Then moved to Cingular/at&t, always had bars, but lying bars, constant dropped calls no data was horrible. I actually paid my ETF with them. Sprint has no coverage in my area so... not an option.

20. anabsa

anabsa Well-Known Member

No choice here. No Sprint, No AT&T, helll even No T-Moble. But you get used to it out here in the middle of nowhere. One of the funniest tauntings of a cell phone kiosk guy who was pushy and saying that Sprint had service in my area - I gave the zip code and kept walking. One the way out the guy recognized me and hurried away.

21. chigins

chigins Well-Known Member

Been with Verizon for 11 years. They own on Long Island, NY but Central Valley, CA, not so much. but I still don't drop calls at work like my coworker on the AT&T iPhones.

Verizon also upgraded me to the Ozone from Palm Centro w/o extending my contract or or moving my NE2. Customer service has been great for me. I am just sayin'

22. chigins

chigins Well-Known Member

You made the right choice.

23. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

If you want to save some money and don't care about MMS consider not paying for a texting plan at all. Get a Google Voice account and make a total conversion to it. Then you can send text messages for free using the data plan you already have to pay for!

24. jayhammy

jayhammy Active Member

Hey guy. I've been with Verizon since 1990 (back then, it was called Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile). They've never let me down. Now, the question is: do you want RELIABLE coverage (Verizon) or FASTER coverage in just a few spotty places (SPRINT)? Or, crappy coverage everywhere (AT&T).
    I think the choice is clear: Verizon.

25. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

Coverage service, maybe? But definitely no 'customer' service.

Boo!