I wasn't even a phone "nerd"...til now

Last Updated:

1. joecreed28

joecreed28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I gotta admit guys, I have used a blackberry for 3 years or so and have had no problems, but once a line was up on my contract and I saw the Droid/Eris, I had to do some research. It led me here, and I don't think I've left since.

I was sure I was going to get a Droid or Eris, and even posted asking pros and cons under both forums (thanks everyone btw). But after being here and hearing all the rumors and stuff, I find myself like a lot of you...waiting for a pimped out Eris-whatever the heck name it will be. I'm just wondering how long I can last. January is no problem, but if we have no more info about Verizon's/HTC's plans by the end of this month...it's gonna be tough for me to hold out.

Heck, I was so frustrated today that I was actually looking at HTC Imagio reviews on youtube. So frustrating...I hope it pays off.

Advertisement
  2. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

I posted similar on another thread. My phone was 3 years old, and I decided I had to have a Droid. I was sick of all my friends having fun with the iPhone. I don't need all the gadgets, but I thought it would be nice to have something so useful.

So I bought the Droid and took it back after almost a month. No big specific reason. It just never clicked for me. Plus, those "hard manly edges" are rough on your ear. When I was at the Verizon store returning the Droid, I played with the Eris while I waited. I was hooked and even the salesman told me he liked it better. I decided I wanted one, but was going to go home and do some research before I bought anything. That's when I found out about the Passion and now I belong to 2 forums and have been here many times a day since.

Going back to my flip has sucked, but I'm holding out for now. I got addicted to gadgets and apps and customization and .......

3. clb

clb Well-Known Member

Same story here.. thought I wanted a Droid or an Eris.. found the forums.. found out about the Passion and never left. Now I check the forums all day waiting and hoping for news about the Passion or some other new great phone. I just hope this waiting pays off soon!

4. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

+1. I'm now a card carrying phone-nerd. Never been on a forum like this before. Now I check it every chance I get to see if there is breaking news on the Passion. Once I get my new phone, I will disappear from here and go do manly things again....

5. 2kfire

2kfire Member

ditto! I was convinced I was going to buy the Hero but I wanted to read some reviews first, which led me to here, and then I read about this Passion/Bravo/Gphone that is supposedly coming out "soon" and now I'm stuck waiting, checking every day to see what news there is! :(

btw great forums!

6. Rix

Rix Banned

Nexus One will not live up to the hype. It will surpass it.

7. MisterMcGoo

MisterMcGoo Well-Known Member

I got a Droid Eris a few days ago and really like it so far. Everything about it is great. The only thing I'd prefer more of is processor speed because it is a tad laggy here and there when you wake it up, but it is light years better than my stupid Q and I'm finally rid of windows mobile and am enjoying the perks of android. It's not the fastest in the world, but its fast enough for me. Hell, the desktop I'm typing this on (6 gigs of ram, I7 core 4) could be faster but hey, it still gets the job done. I still have 30 days to return the Eris but it certainly makes waiting it out for something better much easier. It's just hard for me to continue holding out for something that hasn't officially been announced.

Also, I don't see the big deal about the battery not holding charge. Mine has been off a charger for 28 hours now and counting. It's probably just smartphone n00bs that don't know how to turn off applications and regulate email sync.

8. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

^ I'm pulling the trigger on the eris next weekend. I can't officially switch phones til Wednesday. I'll just wait next weekend when I come back home. It's driving me nuts waiting with no new info on the passion.

9. JimmyHat

JimmyHat Well-Known Member

Chasing technology is fun, tiring and sometimes expensive.

10. GotamaHuy

GotamaHuy Member

Hey guys just to let you know that I am pretty confident that another android phone isn't going to come til Feb the earliest. Jan is when the Palm Pre is coming out and Verizon will want to use that month to advertise that because a Palm phone hasn't been out in a while. So don't get your hopes up.

11. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

They released the Droid and the Eris on the same day, so that might not apply. This is a big deal for the Palm, but supposedly this was suppose to be the big comeback for Motorola too.

Who knows... you have a good point to consider.

12. GotamaHuy

GotamaHuy Member

ya i talked to the sales rep at a verizon store so i dont really know if this is 100% true or not but he said that motorola is making another android phone and the next htc one is the nexus. and that iphone may come out this year because of verizon's 4g service that is coming up. this news isnt really all that new to us, but i taught that i would share it since it did come out of the mouth of a verizon sales rep. maybe he just saying stuff he read. i dont know. just hope for the best, but i honestly dont think any android phones will be coming out this jan, since they already have two out.

13. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

Its so fun to see the fanboi's run around. Considering its not going to have the VOIP and lacks default multitouch its already fallen below the hype.

14. Rix

Rix Banned

VOIP only would be a bad thing. And it doesn't lack multitouch, learn how to read.

15. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

The software such as browser and google maps lacks multitouch. As opposed to htc branded products which have it ready to go by default.

16. Rix

Rix Banned

They don't have pinch zoom. Multitouch is built into the phone, so all apps have it though may not use it.

17. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

Not very useful if they don't use it