• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I wasn't going to, but...

I wasn't going to say Hi, but then that friendly little graphic said it with "Don't Lurk" and I had to chuckle.

I've lurked around the pdaphonehome forums for years and rarely had anything to say. I've followed Windows CE2.0 (palm-sized PC) on a little crappy UniDen monochrome thing to a Casio E-125 on PocketPC (CE 3.0) through Samsung i700, Samsung i730, and Samsung i760 probably running every version of Windows through the WM 6.1 upgrade.

The last phone I genuinely looked forward to was the i760, got it the day it came out (like the 730) and then my boss made it the company cell phone for everyone.

Boy, that was a mistake. There are people like me who love customizing their phones with 3rd-party applications and tweaking the performance, but I hear almost every day from some people who hate it. Can't stand how it doesn't "just work."

Now the Motorola Droid (Tao/Sholes) is the first new phone to hit VZW that's actually got me excited. As long as the thing supports Exchange for calendar/contacts/email, (and a big keyboard) It'll satisfy my boss. And from the very general looking I've done, it seems like Android as an OS will satisfy people who want it to work out of the box and people who want to customize the heck out of it. Please let me know if I'm mistaken...

Otherwise, practically drooling with anticipation!

I wasn't going to say Hi, but then that friendly little graphic said it with "Don't Lurk" and I had to chuckle.

I've lurked around the pdaphonehome forums for years and rarely had anything to say. I've followed Windows CE2.0 (palm-sized PC) on a little crappy UniDen monochrome thing to a Casio E-125 on PocketPC (CE 3.0) through Samsung i700, Samsung i730, and Samsung i760 probably running every version of Windows through the WM 6.1 upgrade.

The last phone I genuinely looked forward to was the i760, got it the day it came out (like the 730) and then my boss made it the company cell phone for everyone.

Boy, that was a mistake. There are people like me who love customizing their phones with 3rd-party applications and tweaking the performance, but I hear almost every day from some people who hate it. Can't stand how it doesn't "just work."

Now the Motorola Droid (Tao/Sholes) is the first new phone to hit VZW that's actually got me excited. As long as the thing supports Exchange for calendar/contacts/email, (and a big keyboard) It'll satisfy my boss. And from the very general looking I've done, it seems like Android as an OS will satisfy people who want it to work out of the box and people who want to customize the heck out of it. Please let me know if I'm mistaken...

Otherwise, practically drooling with anticipation!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones