1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I went from Gingerbread 2.3 to Jellybean 4.1.2 Today and I didn't use Kies - USA - N7000Support

1. blissent1977

blissent1977 New Member

I'm in the US and I got my 4.1.2 update today. I have the International version (N7000) and have had to deal with Gingerbread 2.3 since I bought it from Newegg last May. So today, I got a notice and flippantly hit OK thinking it was an app update until it took awhile and the droid showed up.. I'm not on AT&T or any other "big" company and I didn't use Kies (I don't think the N7000 is supported on Kies anyways.. It would say something like, Your device does not support initializing or something like that when I tried before) so the only way I see it came through was because its registered at the Samsung site.

If you have an N7000, then you already know how long we've been waiting for this. I opted to not use any of the hacks provided that were unofficial. Anyways.. going from 2.3 to 4.1.2 is remarkable. Now I can finally watch Time Warner Live TV on the go.

Heck yeah, I'm amped.. I've had Gingerbread since May 2012.

If you haven't got the update yet.. go register the device at Samsung and you should be all set.

Advertisement
    :