I will be the dummy asking about RA Recovery...

Last Updated:

1. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned This Topic's Starter

I used ROM Manager to flash RA Recovery v 1.8.0. I keep hearing how it is better than ClockWork and that it would be necessary to use Warm Updater and get Hulu working.

When I boot in to recovery, I get the white menu with Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootloader, and Power Down options.

I can't see where I would create a nandroid, where I would install a .zip, or anything remotely similar to what I saw with ClockWork. Did the ease of use from ClockWork spoil me? Am I overlooking something? Did something not install properly? Right now, I feel handcuffed by either the lack of accessibility with RA and/or my lack of knowledge with using it after having made myself comfortable with ClockWork.

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Thats not recovery. Select bootloader, then select recovery. Im not sure why its not taking you directly to bootloader

3. bvbull200

Well. When I do that, it takes me right back to the same spot. I'm guessing RA didn't install properly, then? I flashed back to ClockWork for the time being, but will try to flash RA again through ROM Manager a bit later.

4. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

volume up and power takes you to bootloder

volume down and power takes you to where you can select recovery.

and like wrapkgb aid, clicking on bootloader with nothing to load will bring you to where you can select recovery.

on my phone both clockwork and RA work like this. so yeah I think you're right and you just need to re-install RA.

5. bvbull200

I just re-flashed RA and now it looks like I have the right thing working for me. Earlier, I was getting nothing but the Bootloader menu. Now it looks like something similar to the ClockWork recovery menu, only a bit different. This, I'm sure I can navigate just fine. I will leave the original post the same, though, in case anyone runs in to a similar issue and finds this thread via search.

6. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Amon RA FTW! I borked my 4G on flashing radios on my newer Evo but I made a backup before that BACKED UP THE F*%$ing WiMax file and all is well :D