• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I will be the dummy asking about RA Recovery...

I used ROM Manager to flash RA Recovery v 1.8.0. I keep hearing how it is better than ClockWork and that it would be necessary to use Warm Updater and get Hulu working.

When I boot in to recovery, I get the white menu with Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootloader, and Power Down options.

I can't see where I would create a nandroid, where I would install a .zip, or anything remotely similar to what I saw with ClockWork. Did the ease of use from ClockWork spoil me? Am I overlooking something? Did something not install properly? Right now, I feel handcuffed by either the lack of accessibility with RA and/or my lack of knowledge with using it after having made myself comfortable with ClockWork.

volume up and power takes you to bootloder

volume down and power takes you to where you can select recovery.

and like wrapkgb aid, clicking on bootloader with nothing to load will bring you to where you can select recovery.

on my phone both clockwork and RA work like this. so yeah I think you're right and you just need to re-install RA.

Upvote 0
I just re-flashed RA and now it looks like I have the right thing working for me. Earlier, I was getting nothing but the Bootloader menu. Now it looks like something similar to the ClockWork recovery menu, only a bit different. This, I'm sure I can navigate just fine. I will leave the original post the same, though, in case anyone runs in to a similar issue and finds this thread via search.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones