• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I will be the guinea pig! :)

So this is the new Mi-2 forum! I am hoping to get this phone myself when my contract with Sprint ends in November. Why then? Because this phone is a GSM phone. Which means this phone can be used with AT&T or T Mobile but not Sprint. The phone is only $400 on www.ibuygou.com, which isn't too shabby, compared to $600 -700 you pay up front for most phones.

Okay, done talking to myself! Let the forum begin!

I have the MI-2S and absolutely love it.

Coming from an iPhone 4, the MIUI is simply a great ROM. Superior is nearly every way to my wife's Galaxy Note II.

I bought the 32GB version because of the 13MP camera and LOVE it! Especially coming from the crappy 5MP in the iPhone 4.

One thing to keep in mind is that this phone does not have an SD slot, so you will run out of space VERY quickly with the 16GB version if you store music or photos on the phone.

By the time you are ready, they may have the MI-3 released. Could be really exciting.

Upvote 0
I have the MI-2S and absolutely love it.

Coming from an iPhone 4, the MIUI is simply a great ROM. Superior is nearly every way to my wife's Galaxy Note II.

I bought the 32GB version because of the 13MP camera and LOVE it! Especially coming from the crappy 5MP in the iPhone 4.

One thing to keep in mind is that this phone does not have an SD slot, so you will run out of space VERY quickly with the 16GB version if you store music or photos on the phone.

By the time you are ready, they may have the MI-3 released. Could be really exciting.

The Mi-3...right now I'm excited for the Mi-2! I plan on getting the 32GB version. I have a 16GB Galaxy S3 right now with a bad SD card and I keep running out of room in the internal storage. I learned my lesson! :)

Upvote 0
Well, I don't think there are many Xiaomi users here. They are all gathered in the diffferent MIUI websites.

I have a Xiaomi MI2S and it is blazing fast. I like it because I do no tend to go beyond a 4.3 inch phone but the International Mi3 is not available yet. The Mi3 seems to be beautiful and very well built (metal body).

Here an English Unboxing Video that I found :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mfPKDMTtKE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones