I will intentionally brick my phone to get a free Droid 2

Last Updated:

1. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i am rooted with FRG22 froyo build on my droid1 and i just recieved the OTA update (it didnt see the OTA build number), so i am wondering, if i installed this OTA will it brick my phone? i actually want this update to brick my phone because i just got done reading this story that says if you managed to brick your phone in the process of updating to froyo, they will replace your droid 1 with a droid 2!! so someone please tell me, will this brick my phone? also i already had my droid replaced once before i few months ago when i dropped it, will verizon still give me my Droid 2 replacement?

link to this article i read : Droid Broken? Verizon’s Willing to Step You Up to the Droid 2 for a Replacement | Android Phone Fans

Advertisement
    qwerty likes this.
  2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count on it, but when phones break from my experience they don't ever really look into your claims. So you can brick it another way and say the update did it and they'll probably just say "okay here's a Droid 2."

But, like I said before. Do Not Count On It.

3. mikeymop

mikeymop Well-Known Member

^^

Hey, worst case senario... he gets a new Droid 1 so it cant hurt. I'd say go for it

qwerty likes this.
  4. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

That's wrong to intentionally do it to try and work the system...karma sucks, so what goes around comes around!

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Especially if you post about it on an internet forum.

6. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

So true. People will take advantage of the system and soon we will paying $200 for a replacement.

7. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

I highly doubt you will get an upgrade for a bricked phone.

As a matter of fact, I will -guarantee- that it will not happen. I had Verizon for years, and never once did they offer to replace a defective phone w/ an upgraded model for no charge.

8. Feanux

Feanux New Member

Same here, you'll just get another Droid 1.

9. Andy in NY

Andy in NY Well-Known Member

you will get a refurb droid 1, unless you have had your droid for less than 30 days. i had a problem with my 2 week old droid, called tech to get a new one and they sent me a certified like new. i called and pointed out that i should get a NEW not refurb and they said the wharehouse has no new ones, motorola isnt shipping them anymore. so i got a droid 2 instead.

10. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

Not that I condoning what xmetl is suggesting, but people always complain about "working the system, blah blah blah..." But do you think for one second that Verizon or any other carry doesn't do this to you on a daily basis. Food for thought!