1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

i wish chrometophone would auto-convert bing maps to google maps on the fly

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 23, 2010
    Just tested it out, i sent a bing map to the phone and it opened up bing in the browser. was hoping to at least have an option to 'open with' google maps. any workarounds, you creative people?

2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    why would you be over on that evil Bing anything? :p
    But, I'm not surprised it doesn't convert
  3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Pardon my confusion, but why not open up Google maps in the browser to begin with? Why start with one app (Bing maps), and expect a second (chrometophone) to convert you to a third (Google maps)? I know this isn't the help you were looking for, but would you mind explaining the point to me?
  4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Odd expectation. Chrome2Phone only opens related apps for (not surprising) Google apps and services. Bing may offer mapping but as far as Chrome2Phone is concerned it's just another random URL for another random site. Support for every possible mapping site would require explicit coding for each site.

I'm sure you could create some sort of script to parse the Bing URL and generate an equivalent Google Maps URL but I can't see it being worth the hassle. Good luck finding someone else to do the work for you. I wish Chrome2Phone would make my espresso too but I doubt that's going to happen either. :D