• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I wish Note 4 had....

I wish it would allow me to DISABLE Doze (Marshmallow feature) so it would quit turning off my WiFi!!!

?? my Note 4 on Verizon is not doing that. at least I don't think it is doing that.
I have seen the occasional "disconnected message" but usually I have related that to a poor signal.
I don't recall having seen that when at home on my local and very strong WiFi.

Upvote 0
?? my Note 4 on Verizon is not doing that. at least I don't think it is doing that.
I have seen the occasional "disconnected message" but usually I have related that to a poor signal.
I don't recall having seen that when at home on my local and very strong WiFi.

Interesting... I did a factory reset after the MM update, maybe that's the difference?

Upvote 0
I wish the Note 4 had different placement of bottons so the vol.up/down buttons were not directly across from power button. This would prevent me from muting the phone when holding or grabbing the phone, or when pressing a button, ending up hitting a button on the opposite side. Poorly designed.

No one has ever mentioned that mis-feature before :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'll come late to the party on this one due to the fact that I have been inspired by the latest round of Note 7 leaks.

Having seen all the great new (one I believe) features that have been packed into the Note 7, the only thing that I miss in my Note 4, after having one in my Note 3, is a side facing speaker. Sure, a water resistant phone might be handy, but I have never dropped my phone into water and don't plan to use it in the shower. I am also confident that the camera will be better and the CPU faster, but not such that I would be tempted to shelve my perfectly good Note 4.

I just changed my battery (for virtually no cost) and my beloved Note 4 is behaving like in the good old days (yeah, 20 months ago) so I think I will just replace this phone with another Note 4 when/if my current phone dies. Should be nice and cheap in a few months time ;)

Yes, I am Scottish :)

Regards,
Eric.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones