I would like to silence an individual contacts ringtone...Support

1. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

Is this possible? When I select an individual contact and go to options, silent does not show up as an option for that individuals ringtone. I would like some contacts to ring and others not too. Is there maybe an application that will do this? Sorry if this has been asked and answered I could not find it with a search.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

This might be an odd workaround, but you could always make or find an MP3 file that has no sound and just set that as the person's ringtone.
  3. will_m68

will_m68 Active Member

Go to contacts, select the contact you want, hit menu, then options, then check send incoming calls directly to voice mail.

I use this a lot.
  4. Helenoftroy08

thx guys! don't know why Motorola wouldnt just make it an option!
  5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Probably just an oversight. I use the "send straight to voicemail" option for several of my contacts as well, ie my mother-in-law! :D
  6. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

FOOL!

(...giving yer mother in law your cell number! ;) )
  7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

If you're rooted, this is so simple. But if you're not, I would think all you would have to do is install one of the 100s of ringtone apps on the Market that allow for custom mp3s to be used. Record a 1-second silent mp3 (I can supply this if needed) and use that file as your "silent" ringtone.
  8. reznorfan0

reznorfan0 Well-Known Member

or just record a ringtone of nothing....i think i've seen that option of using the mic to record custom ringtones...
  9. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

Ha ha! That's awesome. I actually send my mother straight to VM, too. I wish I could do that in person!
  10. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

And to think you look so sweet and innocent in your avatar. :D
  11. Helenoftroy08

Thank you Joe I just went ahead and used the send str8 to vmail option. Thanks for all of the feedback guys!
  12. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

straight to VM is the best option ever invented! I never know when my ex wife calls, and thats just how I like it!
  13. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

If only you could keep those indiscretions silenced elsewhere....:cool:
  14. sachst

sachst New Member

Try downloading the Smart Silencer application from the Android or Amazon market. It is exactly what you are looking for...
  15. AmitX123

AmitX123 Active Member

I guess it should be simple, but can you tell us how to do it. I have a rooted phone and don't want to use the voice mail opton.
  16. myvalk

myvalk New Member

id like to do the opposite, silence all contacts and just keep one active , for emergency.

possible??
  17. robbratton

robbratton New Member

That's not an option on my Huawei Ascend 2 through Cricket either.

I used an earlier poster's suggestion of setting the ringtone to something unobtrusive.

There are some apps for rooted phones that allow you to block certain numbers.
  18. strout99

strout99 New Member

I went to myxer.com and chose silent ring tone and it downloaded to my phone, love it!