I1 and gmail helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nhty

Nhty Active Member This Topic's Starter

ok this is really stupid design here through google.
    I set up a gmail account on my phone when i just got it.

didn't think to jot down my password because i thought it would be saved in my phone. woke up about two weeks ago and it does not have my password.

i have tryed all the combinations of passwords that i use and i can not get in. i went through the stupid gmail process of getting my password, and it asked me to fill out this questionair about when i got the account and what i do with it and such and it did not release a password to me.

i have checked online about how to get my security question to come up, which i do know the answer to and it said dont try to log on for 24 hours, so i did that, no success.

then i got online and i found a new post that said i should wait five days. i waited six days and it still did not do it.

anyone have any ideas on what i can do? this is a real pain in the ass.

Any ideas on how to get into my account or make another one? i cant find anywhere on my phone that it will let me put in a new password.

Advertisement
  2. iiTTTGii

iiTTTGii Well-Known Member

Did you try cap locks I'm almost positive gmail passwords are case sensitive.

With my phone when I did the original setup it saved my google account. Weird that it is asking you for a password to check your mail or whatever from phone.

The only other way I could think of is having to master clear your phone which would restore it back to factory. Then you would have to start over.
    That is always a pain in the ass because you have to create new gmail account if you can't figure out password.
    Also you have to re do everything. Sometimes apps are not available like for example "facebook for android" is no longer available on market for the 1.5 os

I will look into getting lost passwords from gmail to see if there is a way around the bull. =/

3. Nhty

yeah thats what i figured. i have checked all caps and shit and it drives me crazy. i think i have tryed around 100 passwords and i can not get into it. really pisses me off. and i have important emails. just a dumb damn idea. o well ill leave it for suggestions.

4. iiTTTGii

An idea is still an idea. Doesn't make it dumb if it works. Maybe you should start remembering passwords or saving them in a file on your pc if you have "important emails". That way you wouldn't have to ask for help and be such a dick when someone is trying to be helpful.

5. Nhty

Dude i wasn't calling you out. i was saying that toward the gmail developers. not you. i appreciate your help. sorry if you didnt know who i was saying that about.

6. iiTTTGii

hehehe sorry about that bad day at work. =>

7. Nhty

its all good.