i1 in select locationsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nerdgang

nerdgang Member This Topic's Starter

Severl locations in Philadelphia have the i1 on sale as of today. It's a nice looking phone. Way nicer than I expected.

Advertisement
  2. tennisstef

tennisstef Member

3. nerdgang

4. jcyonker

jcyonker New Member

I purchased one at Best Buy on Sunday June 20th. I am a nextel customer, not boost and I cannot believe that they released it on the Boost Network first. It is currently at my sprint hopefully being "unlocked" so I can use it without using boost. Sprint sucks for treating contracted customers like this, but if you need the DC then your stuck with them.

5. nerdgang

Good luck on getting it unlocked, The Boost sims are 64K nextel 128K hence why you can't just put a nextel Sim in a boost phone. As far as being upset about Boost getting it first, the pre-paid wars are getting serious Boost needs something saying listen we have Android no one else does. I see people switch everyday from Sprint/Nextel to Boost all b/c of the $50 plan

6. dp32185

dp32185 New Member

The new i1 is definately a nice phone for the price. Hefty price tag for the phone itself, but the reasonable $50 unlimited plan makes up for it. I'm enjoying mine so far.....

7. JoeysOnFire

JoeysOnFire Member

SIM card size has nothing to do with anything...I unlocked mine, and am using it with a TELUS 64k sim no problems...128k pretty much gives you more room for contacts and data

8. nerdgang

64K & 128K Nextel/Boost sims hold the same number of contacts (600) put a 128K Nextel sim in a boost phone, it's going to lock it up (temporary but out the box 128K isn't gonna work was my point)

9. AirSTEPH1967

AirSTEPH1967 Member

So, your actually using the i1 on Telus/Mike? If so hows the the phone and is the unlocking difficult.I just cant wait for its release, I'm fed up with the 8350i.

10. iiTTTGii

iiTTTGii Well-Known Member

Ouch ive been seeing alot on the web lately about how the phone is coming out on sprint/nextel July 25th for a cool 150.00 plus two year contract. Way cheaper then boost but with that dirty word "contract" connected to it. Guess the whole unlocking this to use on sprint is dead.

11. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Member

I'm on the $10-every-three-months Boost plan, and getting free data, so I can't complain about the $330 I paid for the phone. :)

12. iiTTTGii

iiTTTGii Well-Known Member

Dang thats pretty good for three months i use 50.00 unlimited! Yeah I bought mine originally for 350.00 but after the price drop I went and got my 20.00 price match. but Ive also invested in zagg invisible shield
    (b4 i realized they made the i1 tablet out of gorilla glass! seriously youtube gorilla glass you will freak.)
    A 16gb sd card only cause I couldn't find the 32gb sd => So all together Ive invested 410.00+ tax but it was 410.00 well worth it this phone is super tough!