• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I727 Carbon-Rom problems

wt.pm

Lurker
Jul 6, 2010
HI, I just flashed the Carbon Rom 4.4.2 rom on my S2, and I've got a few problems I need help with. First I had to search google on my pc and download an .apk for a keyboard because the stock android keyboard kept force closing, so often it was hard to even click on something before it would close. Now the other problems, I managed to get the new keyboard installed, and logged in to my gmail account, but I can't get the contacts to sync. I have opened the contacts window, clicked on "sync now", and it would just do nothing.

The "Play Store", is unaccessible, I open it, and it says no connection, I can make and receive calls, and I can tether my pc so I know everything is working, I'm showing between 3-5 bars.

Waking up is a pain, I have to press the up and down volume buttons, and the power button all at the same time just right to wake it up, and then the torch comes on, and I have to open the torch app to turn it off. I had to check the button to wake up with volume buttons, because before the only way to wake it up was to restart, the power button wouldn't do it by itself.

The browser will not open, click the icon and the screen flashes white for a split second, and then nothing. This isn't a big problem as I will download Chrome, I just wanted to mention it in case it would help diagnose what's wrong.

I opened the rom stats app, to send a report, and I clicked the view stats button, and just like the browser the screen flashes white a split second, then nothing.

Both the People app and the Contacts app, when I first open them, they ask for an email account, I fill in my gmail information and it says that, that email is already registered.

When I flashed, I put the rom zip file and the gapps file on the internal storage, then did a complete factory reset, then a complete wipe, and complete cache and dalvic erase/delete whatever it's called, then flashed both zip files separately.

It's a great rom, and I really like it, it fits my personality so I hope I can get it working correctly. Does anyone have any suggestions of something I need to do, I forgot to do, or I need to install to make it work right?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones