i7500 is offline? Dont think so.Support

Last Updated:

1. Maric68

Maric68 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there.

Few months ago I try to make some software for Android using Eclipse and SDK. No phone at the time. Two weeks ako I buy i7500 and now I am trying to put this program on it.

Drivers are instaled. ADB driver too, using posts on this forum :eek: . Problem is that my computer cannot see plugged phone. "USB debuging" option is on. Most confusing is that 'adb device' command from SDK/tools folder said:

i7500***** offline

The '*****' are letters I did not write down, believe it is not important. My phone is turned on, naturaly. One thing come to my mind is that I did not install NPS. Can it be the reason?

Advertisement
  2. abesh

abesh Well-Known Member

I think that might exactly the reason why your phone is not detected. Install NPS and the required drivers for your phone will automatically get installed. Tell me if that works for you :)

3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

That's an odd problem. Usually "adb devices" would report either
    Code (Text):
    1. List of devices attached
    with nothing listed, or
    Code (Text):
    1. List of devices attached
    2. I7500[I]abcdefg[/I]    device
    where "abcdefg" of course is device-specific.

What happens if you run "adb status-window", and unplug/plug in your phone? This is what I get:
    (exit this mode with CTRL+C)
    odd with those junk characters, but at least it shows how it detects when I unplug and and re-connect it. It should ignore any USB (un)mount operations.

There are two threads here and here with others who may have the same problem. What OS are you on, maybe you do need a better set of drivers? (I hope not, because I woudn't know what to recommend...)

You could also take a look at the adb documentation, although it hardly says anything about the "offline" state.

...Good luck! :eek:

4. Maric68

So, I am still trying to solve this issue. My problem is that I have so little time to spare, jumping between job, kids, family, rest (Oh, no! ;) ) and sleep. If a day could last 32h, maybe, just maybe I could do something just for me.

Anyway, easiest solutions first, installing NPS... And that just could be it. Not that NPS is needed, but installing itself gives a hint of whats wrong. Installation software said:
    `Unsupported OS...` (I have Win7). Ok, no problem, installing in XP mode then... It worked, but now NPS dont see my phone. NPS said that I should reinstall NPS itself or drivers or both.
    Not likely, time is precious, maybe when I retire... If live long that much.

Plan B is to try again on some old laptop I have with WinXP, and I am doing it now. NPS installation goes well, it can see my phone. Eclipse and SDK downloaded, should be fine now. If not, I will cry here tomorrow ;)

5. Maric68

Working :D

No more 'offline' crap :)

6. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

I get "offline" sometimes, just unplugging and replugging the USB works for me.