i7500 (no service)Support

1. t0pgearl4mbo

t0pgearl4mbo Member

Hi Guys;

I have looked at a few posts on this site, but it's my first time posting.:) I got a Samsung Galaxy i7500 a few months back, and I've been having quite a few problems with it. At this point I am not sure if it's the phone or my provider (Bell Canada).

Quite often I will have issues where I am not able to get any service. I am not able to make phone calls, or get data over 3G. Yesterday I went for the entire day receiving service until finally I decided to do a factory reset of the phone. After the reset everything was working again... for a while. Earlier today I powered on the phone and once again; no service. For kicks I tried to do a factory reset of the phone, but this time it didn't help. Now my GF has the exact same phone (we bought them at the same time, from the same store) and she has not had any of these problems.

What do you guys think? Is it my provider, or has this phone come defective from the factory? At this point I am getting extremely frustrated and am wishing I went with either an HTC phone, or an Iphone. If the phone is defective I will need to return it to Samsung, and I'll be stuck with some crappy loaner for the next month.:mad:

Advertisement
  2. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Perhaps there's a problem with your SIM card. Try it in another phone. I doubt factory reset has anything to do with it.
  3. t0pgearl4mbo

t0pgearl4mbo Member

Good idea. I will try my GF's SIM in my phone tonight and see what it does. I figured when the factory reset worked the 1st time it was related to some application I downloaded, but apparently not.
  4. mikeh36

mikeh36 Well-Known Member

It's most likely the SIM (especially if it doesn't come back by just powering the phone off and back on). I had the same issue with my Bell I7500 and when I took it in they told me it was because some of the phones had defective SIMS in them. They've got a list of which versions of the SIM are bad. If yours is on the list they'll replace it free of charge.

That said, I find on occasion my phone will just drop 3G and is a brick until I reboot it but it's it and miss. I can go weeks without it happening and then it'll happen daily for a week.
  5. t0pgearl4mbo

t0pgearl4mbo Member

Thanks both. After swapping in my GF's SIM the phone worked fine. I took it into Bell, and they switched it. All is good now.
  6. pedror

pedror Member

I had exactly the same symptoms (with Bell Canada and Galaxy) with a SIM card that was about 6 months old, until one day I turned it on and it said "no SIM card". After a few attempts removing/reseating the card, I took it to a Bell store, they replaced the card and now all is well.