• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root i7500 roms

The I7500 is the the galaxy model. Ex; Samsung Behold 2 Sgh-t939 and Samsung Galaxy I7500. As far as the roms being compatible some one already made a rom for the behold 2 using the stock android from the galaxy. If in you're question you mean you want to use a custome rom some one made for the galaxy from a galaxy from I doubt it would work.

Upvote 0
The kernel is compiled for the hardware of the device, and with drivers that the system uses. The Galaxy i7500 is almost the same phone as the behold2, but the bootloader is different. The Behold2 has a secure bootloader and a different partition layout, while the galaxy doesnt.

That means we can't put a galaxy rom directly onto a behold 2 because:

- The drivers are different (some of them like for the partitions)
- The behold 2 prevents flashing a recovery without some tricks

Also be very carefull, because of the above if you try to flash a galaxy ROM you will brick your behold2 because it will overwrite the vital bootloader needed to boot and charge.

Instead we need to take a galaxy system and modify it slightly to flash onto the behold. Look at the two stickies in this section for a customised behold 2 rom, and a galaxy rom for the behold 2.

The same problems are true for trying to run a rom for any device eg Nexus on another device eg behold2. The problems are just worse - eg Nexus uses a totally different processor AND hardware for wifi, BT etc. Or the Hero uses the same processor, but different touchscreen and wifi etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones