i7500 screen replacement/disassembly videoGeneral

1. anderss90

anderss90 New Member

Hey all!
    First of all i wanna say thanks to all of you guys who show me how to make the most of my galaxy, especially the developers of Ggalaxo and GAOSP.
    I have been a silent watcher of this forums for some time now, and thought maybe its time to give something back to this wonderful community.

Some time ago i cracked my touch screen, and ordered a new one from eBay. I searched for a long time for a guide on how to replace the screen, but couldnt find anything, not even a general disassembly guide.

So i decided to just for it exploratory style, and successfully replaced my screen. I recorded most of it with my webcam, so i had something to look at when re-assembling it afterwards.

So my question to you is:

Would any of you be interested in me making my video footage into a screen replacement guide?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Just do it, maybe some user will need it in the future.
  3. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Youtube it. Im absolutely sure that there is no video footage of it. I have step by step in pdf only.
  4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I'd like to see a video of that, although I don't have a real need for it (yet!).

And I'm curious, how much did you pay for the replacement screen?
  5. anderss90

anderss90 New Member

6. dayoboy

dayoboy New Member

First great post and thanks a lot for information.
    Can you please post the link to the video? I cracked my glass screen, touch still works, however there are few cracks so I need to replace the glass. Thanks a lot.
  7. rafael000

rafael000 New Member

Please, post this video.
    I cracked my screen and was going to order just the screen you bought!
    Do you need any special tools?
    thanks
  8. anderss90

anderss90 New Member

Hey all i finally managed to upload the videos.
    Im sorry for the extreme delay, i entered my exam period and after that i simply forgot all about it.
    Here is the link:
    YouTube - Anderssoab's Channel
    rafael000, Lelouch and DaSchmarotzer like this.
  9. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

I hope that this video will make screen replacement easier for future users. ;)
  10. rafael000

rafael000 New Member

thanks man! my screen got here yesterday from China!
    just need to know the size of the screwdriver.
    thanks a lot!