• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I7500 xejc4

I'm having some problems with battery level. For accurate level I'm using spare part battery information.

Yesterday I went to sleep and it was showing 45% of battery, when I woke up it was showing 61% :thinking:
Then I recharged it to 75% and want to work, (edge off, all aps off) for about an hour of sleep and it was showing 51%?

I've got this phone for about two weeks and battery last the longest on this new firmware, but it is acting strange.

Any ideas?

Dont Use the leather pouch comes along with the box. But what ever the time u charge, it comes for only 12 to 14 hrs . Every one is facing the same problem . So dont worry . :p

Upvote 0
I just flased my I7500ZHII5 to I7500XEJC4.

I noticed my switch icon absconded !!! How do i switch on my wifi, GPS and do autosyn ???

Also wifi is not much sensitive like II5. It is not detecting my own wifi in the next room. I need to move little towards wifi modam.

Any one else faced the same issue ? how u come across ??

plzz

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Samsung got rid of it for 1.6, which is a shame because the switchers were probably the most functional addition they made to android. Most people reported that the new "power control" does not work properly. The individual switch widgets from the developer Curvefish seem to work fine (and you can pick and choose only those you actually use).

edit: thanks mrqs for the correct widget name.

Upvote 0
Presumably the sensible thing to do would be to discuss JC4 in the JC4 thread, and JC6 in the JC6 thread...?

Announcing that JC6 is now out is a good idea. Mandating that everyone should immediately upgrade is less so. IMHO, etc. Choice is good, mmmkay? If I wanted my software dictated to me by someone else, I'd have bought an iPhone.

Yes, we need a separate neverending thread and discussion for each of 1.6 version (JB2, JC1, JC2, JC4, JC5 and JC6). Sorry for being such a prick for trying getting more people to update to latest unofficial beta software and trying to help Samsung getting done already that damn 1.6.

Upvote 0
Yes, we need a separate neverending thread and discussion for each of 1.6 version (JB2, JC1, JC2, JC4, JC5 and JC6). Sorry for being such a prick for trying getting more people to update to latest unofficial beta software and trying to help Samsung getting done already that damn 1.6.

Don't put words in my mouth. That isn't what I said, and if it looked like that's what I meant then I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention.

The nature of the beast is that people will be running different versions of firmware. You can't get away from that; there's official versions, stock, leaked, third party custom firmware, etc etc. Each revision squashes bugs but has the potential to bring in new ones - plenty of people were still sticking with Cupcake releases when Donut first broke, for instance, due to issues some were seeing. Therefore, people will want to update at different times based on the positive / negative reports from early adopters. Not everyone wants to, or should, be on the bleeding edge.

If we could guarantee that these new releases were always improvements on the previous then I'd be inclined to agree with you. Sadly that hasn't always proved to be the case.

I take your point, but I fail to see what harm it's causing if people want to discuss *their* firmware. If it doesn't apply to you, no-one's forcing you to read every last post.

Upvote 0
I know that this is completely off topic but can you help me !!

my galaxy which is running on JC4 firmware doesn't seem to be recognizing my headsets(no mic) correctly. When i receive a call while using the headset, i am forced to disconnect my headset and then answer the call, as my phone seems to think that the headset has a mic in it. . Is there any way i can overcome this prob ? :(

Upvote 0
I know that this is completely off topic but can you help me !!

my galaxy which is running on JC4 firmware doesn't seem to be recognizing my headsets(no mic) correctly. When i receive a call while using the headset, i am forced to disconnect my headset and then answer the call, as my phone seems to think that the headset has a mic in it. . Is there any way i can overcome this prob ? :(

as far as i know, all the firmwares act this way, and it's bloody annoying - only thing you can do (apart from living with it obviously) is to get one of these: http://assets2.precentral.net/store_images/product_images/accessories/large/2929.jpg
good luck with finding one tho'; i couldn't

i did leave the gaosp a message about leaving the galaxy's mic on when a headset is connected, so they might implement that in to their rom (pretty please with an

Upvote 0
it's bloody annoying - only thing you can do (apart from living with it obviously) is to get one of these: http://assets2.precentral.net/store_images/product_images/accessories/large/2929.jpg
good luck with finding one tho'; i couldn't

Thanks for the info, mrqs.
I think i have seen something similar in some shops around here. ll go and check it out. :)

wouldn't it better if the samsung engineers fix such evident prob in the leaked firmwares. . . I know, i know, i am expecting too much from the samsung guys . It would be just enough if they release the 1.6 code n hope drazak and co fix this prob:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones