• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i9000 USB issue, cannot connect via any method

Vincent Law

Android Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2010
My friend just got an i9000 in Australia. However, no matter what she tries, she cannot get it to connect via USB on ANY mode (MTS, Mass Storage, etc). She's running Windows 7, and has tried it on other PCs and USB ports that are known to work. Every time it says USB device not recognized.

We've already installed various drivers and kies but NONE of the USB options work. The phone itself doesn't even act like it is connected (but it DOES charge).

Any ideas?

My friend just got an i9000 in Australia. However, no matter what she tries, she cannot get it to connect via USB on ANY mode (MTS, Mass Storage, etc). She's running Windows 7, and has tried it on other PCs and USB ports that are known to work. Every time it says USB device not recognized.

We've already installed various drivers and kies but NONE of the USB options work. The phone itself doesn't even act like it is connected (but it DOES charge).

Any ideas?

is your friend using a launcher oth thatn the standard TwLauncher? I know if you are running a different launcher Kies does nto liek it.

Upvote 0
I got caught by not realising something *:

Set the USB Connection to Mass Storage

Connect to the Computer

Drag down the top bar of the Home Screen

* You will get an option to connect USB and Mount the phone.

BINGO

Now..I was having issue with KIES connection ( his is a different issue in my opinion.

I resolved it by completely removing anything ITUNES from my PC

BINGO again. KIES now works.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I got caught by not realising something *:

Set the USB Connection to Mass Storage

Connect to the Computer

Drag down the top bar of the Home Screen

* You will get an option to connect USB and Mount the phone.

Again, as I said, there is no such option in the notification bar. It is truly as if the phone has no idea it's connected to a PC.

Upvote 0
I had this problem last night when I first got home with my Samsung Vibrant. Once I downloaded the driver here, it worked fine:

Samsung

Click software

Download and install the EXE file (Kies_Mini_For_Vibrant_10095_9.exe)

Once that is done, you can then plug your phone in to the computer. You need to mount it after plugging it in. On mine, that means I pull down the status bar at the top and tap on the "USB connected" listing then select mount.

For me it's a Samsung Vibrant connecting to my computer running Windows 7 x64 fwiw

Now, when I plug in the phone, nothing happens (this is expected). Once mounted though, Windows detects two new removable drives and asks if I want to view them, and they work perfectly fine.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same exact problem.

I have my Samsung Vibrant connected via usb to my PC and it shows that the phone is charging, but the USB connection notication isn't showing up like it used to. And when i disconnect the USB, theres a delay on the battery icon, it takes about 4 minutes for the battery charging icon to return to the non battery charging icon.

Any help on this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones