• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i9300 clone no signal

Hi sebbyb, and welcome to AF :)

Can you tell us more about the handset (there are many i9300 mtk6575 clones) and what network you are trying to use?

There could be many causes, but one we've seen a few times is the phone not supporting the bands that the network uses (e.g. trying to use a phone which doesn't support UMTS 2100 on 3 UK), which is why I asked these 2 questions.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what "T-Mobile forwarding" means. If you go into the wireless and networks menu, mobile networks and then search for available networks what happens?

It sounds like it might not be like your SIM card, but that is only a guess. Trouble is, if that is the problem it will be trial and error to fix, as the network probably won't help much when they hear it's a no-name Chinese clone - chances are they'll just blame the handset.

Upvote 0
Hmm, so the transceiver is able to see and identify the networks, but it can't connect. Not connecting to O2 when using a T-Mobile SIM isn't a surprise. Giving the same message for T-Mobile is a problem.

I don't know whether anyone else will have any ideas. All I can think of is trying another SIM, but no idea whether that will help. Is there a SIM error icon visible (might look like a little SIM card)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones