• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I9505XXUDMH8 problem

Cermet

Lurker
Mar 20, 2014
So as I understand there a lot of models for Samsung s4 depending on their carriers. I have the I9505XXUDMH8 model. The problem for me that it is still running the Android 4.2.2 version while most of the S4s already have 4.4.2 (My model doesn't even get 4.3) There is no update as I checked in samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9505

Does anybody know if I am EVER going to get an update? Because as I said I can't even update to 4.3.

Other question is if I try to update my S4 manually (rooting and stuff) do I specifically need the I9505XXUDMH8 model rom update? Is there anyway I can update my Samsung s4 I9505XXUDMH8 model to kitkat 4.4.2 ?
Because it doesn't seem that my phone will ever get an update. I bought it in Lithuania but I think they are getting those phones from the UK and this specific model I think is linked to CYTAMobile (vodafone).

Thanks.

So as I understand there a lot of models for Samsung s4 depending on their carriers. I have the I9505XXUDMH8 model. The problem for me that it is still running the Android 4.2.2 version while most of the S4s already have 4.4.2 (My model doesn't even get 4.3) There is no update as I checked in samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9505

Does anybody know if I am EVER going to get an update? Because as I said I can't even update to 4.3.

Other question is if I try to update my S4 manually (rooting and stuff) do I specifically need the I9505XXUDMH8 model rom update? Is there anyway I can update my Samsung s4 I9505XXUDMH8 model to kitkat 4.4.2 ?
Because it doesn't seem that my phone will ever get an update. I bought it in Lithuania but I think they are getting those phones from the UK and this specific model I think is linked to CYTAMobile (vodafone).

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Cermet! :)

From the information you have provided, your full current firmware details, as per #1.3 of 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? is as follows...

Model: GT-I9505
Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
Version: Android 4.2.2
Changelist: 1220396
Build date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 02:04:32 +0000
Product Code: CYO
PDA: I9505XXUDMH8
CSC: I9505OXXDMHA
MODEM: I9505XXUDMH8

As you point out, this is the most recent firmware release for your CSC code, OXX, and Product code, CYO = Cytamobile Vodafone for CYPRUS.

Since this is a carrier branded firmware it is down to the carrier, Cytamobile, to add their components/bloatware to the firmware and then return it to Samsung for release. Therefore, the only people that can answer your question are CytaMobile as it is their tardiness causing the problem since there is already an unbranded KitKat, Android 4.4.2, release for Cyprus, available...

Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 481100
Build date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:47:45 +0000
Product Code: CYV
PDA: I9505XXUFNB8
CSC: I9505VFGFNB3
MODEM: I9505XXUFNB8

I know from my Galaxy S2 days that Cytamobile would go 14 months between releases, skipping 1 or 2 firmware updates.

Personally, I would be inclined to download and flash the stock, unbranded, Samsung firmware above, via Odin, by following the instructions contained in #1.5 of the 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? guide.

Caveat: By flashing a firmware that does not match your original CSC code, you will no longer receive updates via Kies or OTA, (Over The Air), for that original firmware, (not a big deal where Cytamobile is concerned), and you will in theory, void your warranty terms unless you flashed back to the original firmware that I have linked you to.

N.B. If you do not want the unbanded Cypriot firmware you can flash any other firmware for your model of phone using the instructions I mentioned and with the same caveat.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the answer. I just would like to add that my CSC number is actually I9505OXXDMI1
THe Cp and AP is I9505XXUDMH8.
Does that change something or I can still flash my phone with odin and put 4.4.2 on it?

And what is the chance of bricking my phone?
One thing is not clear not me is do I have to have THE EXACT CP AP CSC and all ther other numbers match the firmware I'm updating to, so that my phone wouldn't be bricked?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Cermet! :)

From the information you have provided, your full current firmware details, as per #1.3 of 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? is as follows...

Product Code: CYO
CSC: I9505OXXDMHA

As you point out, this is the most recent firmware release for your CSC code, OXX, and Product code, CYO = Cytamobile Vodafone for CYPRUS.

Since this is a carrier branded firmware it is down to the carrier, Cytamobile, to add their components/bloatware to the firmware and then return it to Samsung for release. Therefore, the only people that can answer your question are CytaMobile as it is their tardiness causing the problem since there is already an unbranded KitKat, Android 4.4.2, release for Cyprus, available...

Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 481100
Build date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:47:45 +0000
Product Code: CYV
PDA: I9505XXUFNB8
CSC: I9505VFGFNB3
MODEM: I9505XXUFNB8

I know from my Galaxy S2 days that Cytamobile would go 14 months between releases, skipping 1 or 2 firmware updates.

Personally, I would be inclined to download and flash the stock, unbranded, Samsung firmware above, via Odin, by following the instructions contained in #1.5 of the 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? guide.

Caveat: By flashing a firmware that does not match your original CSC code, you will no longer receive updates via Kies or OTA, (Over The Air), for that original firmware, (not a big deal where Cytamobile is concerned), and you will in theory, void your warranty terms unless you flashed back to the original firmware that I have linked you to.

N.B. If you do not want the unbanded Cypriot firmware you can flash any other firmware for your model of phone using the instructions I mentioned and with the same caveat.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the answer. I just would like to add that my CSC number is actually I9505OXXDMI1
THe Cp and AP is I9505XXUDMH8.
Does that change something or I can still flash my phone with odin and put 4.4.2 on it?

Yes it does! It tells me 3 things...

1. You are not on CytaMobile as you stated.

2. You are on the Baltic firmware, CSC code OXX, Product code SEB (Makes sense now)

3. I should have asked you to answer the questions in my stock reply post, here, before replying.

This is the firmware that you are on...

Product Code: SEB
CSC: I9505OXXDMI1

This is the latest release, so far, for your CSC code.

Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2082040
Build date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:11:03 +0000
Product Code: SEB
PDA: I9505XXUEMKF
CSC: I9505OXXEMK3
MODEM: I9505XXUEMKF

And what is the chance of bricking my phone?

A lot less now that I have the full details. You are not rooting your phone, merely flashing a stock Samsung firmware to it. Here is the answer I use on another guide...

"That really depends on your ability to read and follow instructions. I would strongly suggest that you read all the links published here, carefully and thoroughly"

One thing is not clear not me is do I have to have THE EXACT CP AP CSC and all ther other numbers match the firmware I'm updating to, so that my phone wouldn't be bricked?

You now have the correct firmware. AP, CP and CSC codes change with each update, only the 3 letter CSC and Product codes stay the same. If you had flashed the previous, CytaMobile, firmware, it would not have mattered. Just so long as it was for your model, i9505, of phone. However, as per my previous post, you would invoke the caveat.

Since you do not appear to be able to update via Kies or OTA it would seem that your phone has been flashed with a different firmware before. See #1.4 of the 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? There is no way of knowing unless you install Phone Info and it, "may", show a different Sales code, (a.k.a. Product code, Region code), to SEB.

If you have any doubts, then take your phone to a recognised Samsung Service Point, (not a back street phone shop), and ask them to update you.

The choice... is yours! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones