ibeats headphones static? shockSupport

1. spy178

spy178 Member

Anyone else getting a shock from the ibeats headphones? It's strange, like a little pop in your ear and happens quite often. I confirmed that it's not happenning with my cheapo $10 sony earbuds.

Advertisement
  2. medic0313

medic0313 New Member

I have noticed that as well. It hurts. Makes it to where I don't want to use them.
  3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Well the housing for the iBeats is fabricated out of some type of metal isn't it? Have you guys tried grounding your phones or do you put them in your coat pockets or other pocket where they can develop a charge?
  4. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

We've been having very dry weather lately, I could totally see this happening. The vinyl cord and metal barrels of the ear buds. Hair brushing over the vinyl could build the charge. I shave my head and haven't experienced this...and hope I don't, ouch.
  5. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member

HEY! I think nynvolt has stumbled onto something there. Just shave your heads and the problem is solved.(whispers to nynvolt "And the Legion Of Dome grows ever larger Mwahahaha!!!")
    nynvolt likes this.
  6. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

^ Lol!
  7. cgplenty

cgplenty New Member

That happens to me as well. I listen to music while shuffling paper all day and it gets BAD! I've gone through several sets of the same brand (thinking I had a faulty pair) and still have the same experience. It can get really painful!
    :confused:
  8. eveningg

eveningg New Member

I've gotten this with all the earbuds I used when the phone is exposed to a synthetic fabric (down jackets, nylon pocket linings). Latest weirdness is that every shock turns up the volume (iluv brand). It doesn't happen as much as it did when I had an iphone. I don't use the samsung earbuds that came with the phone as the sound is tinny.

I worry about how it affects the phone and how to avoid it without replacing my wardrobe.
  9. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It shouldn't affect the phone at all, first just about every audio circuit has a shunt r/c logic built-in,,second even if there is a voltage potential it would be grounded when you plug the headphones in, the contacts are spaced so that it connects to ground before the other contacts come in to play. :D
    OB