iBlacklist or MCleaner type app please

Last Updated:

1. flotsam2000

flotsam2000 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I really need an app that I can use to block certain contacts from calling or SMSing me...

ANy ideas?

Advertisement
  2. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

umm are you serious? its a standard option to block certain callers from calling you. enter the contact as new or if its already entered go to the contacts option and click on that button that says "sends calls directly to voicemail". but sms, i dont think i can help you there buddy.

3. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

If you're having problems with a certain person or persons, a quick call to your cell carrier can get the numbers blocked.

4. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

Not in the UK.

If you're receiving nuisance calls the options are:

change your number
    or
    contact the police.

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Isn't the Tower still available for those phone stalkers ?
    :p

6. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

This is not correct, T-mo either cannot or will not block any incoming calls. I had a situation where someone was trying for 3 days straight to fax something to my G1. They told me my only option was "send to voice mail" and gave me 50 rollover minutes for the hassle.

A call blocker seems like a no brainer, but no sign of one so far.

7. justjimjpc

A call forward would be nice then you can forward it back to the person :)

8. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

That would be awesome, they would then be greeted by their own voice-mail message.

9. flotsam2000

Seems kinda weird no one has created it since there are several similar apps. available for iPhone, so it must be possible... I already have the guy's calls going directly to VM, but it would be nice to be able to do the same with SMSs...

For more info: I am using an unlocked G1 on AT&T. Maybe iBlacklist or MCleaner will eventually make one for G1...

10. justjimjpc

You might find it helpful and email them and see what their plans are ..

11. flotsam2000

At this point, I would pay more than iBlacklist and MCleaner are charging for their products...

12. flotsam2000

I'll try that...

13. flotsam2000

[FONT=宋体]Hi,[/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]Thanks for your interests in our apps![/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]We are developing the version for G1. However,how long it will take we cant say at the present. This is a new system and will be a bit hard.[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]Please keep an eye on our work.[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]Thanks,[/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]MCleaner Team

[/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]*************

So, it looks like it will eventually happen...
    [/FONT]

14. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

I really really wish we had something like this.

I am willing to even pay someone just to show me some app that is like Mcleaner.

No Gblocker cannot do that, it really can't do anything. It doesn't block anything it forwards calls to voicemail that isn't blocking anything, it should be called Gforwarder.

15. justjimjpc

Maybe GoogleVoice GV will work for you in the blocking issue

16. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

I have Google voice but it won't help because the sales calls and other nonsense calls I get from 800, 888, 877 numbers already have my phone number.

We are better than the iphone os why can't we have an awesome app like this.

17. PhxCoffeeWhore

PhxCoffeeWhore New Member

I found this neat little (free!) app called CallFilter on the marketplace. It's supposed to stop the caller by auto-disconnecting them.

I haven't tested it on another phone to see if it works personally, but the few numbers I do have in it aren't calling me anymore, which is very very nice. Text inside the app says, "When an incoming call arrives from the specified number, the line will be immediately disconnected."

You can also block unknown callers (private #s, pay phones too) and set up a block list (and choose 'add last incoming call').

Hope that helps.

-Kevin

18. jgwoody

jgwoody New Member

forget all those other apps. i use SPC (super private conversation). its free in the market and does a very good job. still not as good as iblacklist was but hey it gets the job done :)

19. im a android but thats ok

im a android but thats ok Well-Known Member

if you haver verizon you can block calls and texts online from your account. i had the same problem. they allow up to 5 and lasts 3 months before you have to re-enter them. it blocks all communications including texts. other carriers should be able to help you as well if you call. there are a number of apps that claim to block calls but only send it to voice mail. id have to look into call filter that sounds pretty cool.

20. singularapathy

singularapathy Member

Here's my personal workaround to this issue:

1. Save the person's number and set it up so that it goes straight to voicemail (under 'options' for the number)

2. Download YouMail, install, and set up voicemail forwarding (free and fantastic, for many reasons OTHER than this)

3. Under your contacts in YouMail, you can set it up so that certain contacts CANNOT leave voicemail.

3a. As an additionally fun thing, they CAN still hear a message, so I set it up to be a "Verizon Number Disconnected" message. Wondrous.

21. phenixdragon

phenixdragon Well-Known Member

I would love to see an apparently like this. When I had an iPhone I used iBlacklist to black all callers and texts except fro. My wife. I work graveyard and sleep during the day so I didn't want phone calls coming in unless it was my wife would would only call in case of an emergency.

22. ron43

ron43 Member

I use Black and White list from I-software for my Blackberry. It allows me to block incoming calls from any number that are not in my address book. When other calls come in, the phone doesn't ring. The calls go directly to voice mail. That's the type of application I would like for the DroidX I am, hopefully, getting this week. The Verizon Motorola Razr phone I had before the BB had this feature built in. Any leads on this type of app?

(I have seen the suggestions to get a Google Voice number which I have. But I'd have to change phone numbers and I'd still get those unwanted phone calls to my cell number. I also know that I can add a phone number and then have it blocked. But telemarketers change numbers frequently. I can also register my cell number on the Do Not Call Registry, which I have. That doesn't stop telemarketers from ignoring the list.)

thanks for any help!!

23. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I use the app "Call Blocker Pro", so far I have not gotten any unwanted calls.