• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Andrew, you are my hero!! Here's what I did for anyone else looking for the answer.

-Setup Publish for each of the calendars in iCal to publish to ftp://www.yourdomain.com
-Add each calendar to Google cals by URL using http://www.yourdomain.com/cal.ics
-Add each of the published cals to your Droid as well as the main calendar created by Google
-Follow these instructions to sync back your main Google calendar to your ical - If you add any events on the Droid this will be the calendar it adds to since the others are read only.

It's still not quite two-way syncing but it works for me and I'm happy. Thanks everyone for your help!

Does that mean I have to own my own Website to sync?
And BTW, I only want to transfer data from iCal once. I may never use iCal again once it's all in Google.
Then again, maybe I WILL want 2way....

Upvote 0
Ok. I finally have my Google phone (LG Optimus One running Android 2.2.1) syncing two-way with iCal on my Mac. The trick is to turn PC sync OFF on your android phone. It appears to be turned on by default.

Instructions:

First you need to set up iCal to sync with your Goole mail account. Check the forums if you need instructions for that part.

Next, press on a calendar date > Settings > Calendar > Phone - PC Sync

If you see the "eye" image and the cirular arrows click it until both are gone. Then press "OK".

Hope this helps!
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones