Icarus 1.1 mms fix for metro

1. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

This is only for metropcs users running Icarus 1.1, as the APN settings are wrong.

Here's the fix:

1. Go to Settings > Wireless and networks >Mobile networks > Access Point Names
    2. Press menu and select new APN.
    3. Enter the following info.

Name: MetroPCS

APN: <Not set>

Proxy: proxy.metropcs.net

Port: 3128

Username: <Not set>

Password: <Not set>

Server: <Not set>

MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc

MMS proxy: <Not set>

MMS port: <Not set>

MCC: 310

MNC; 16

Authentication type: PAP or CHAP

APN type: default,supl,mms

4. After you have entered the above, press menu and save. Now make sure that the new apn has a green dot beside it.

5. Now you should be able to send and receive mms messages

Advertisement
    AndroidFan420, r0ckstarr and Stikman like this.
  2. kenboyles72

kenboyles72 Well-Known Member

3. Stikman

Stikman Well-Known Member

I couldn't send mm messages when i had the stock rom now when i flash to icarus i can make a new network and now i can send mms :D thanks for this thread and icarus :)
  4. eccentric88

eccentric88 Active Member

I did the settings put my mms dosent work!!! Please help becuz i use this alot!!!
  5. Jon22

Jon22 Well-Known Member

I have Metro also, and i upgraded ti icarus 1.1. Works great, but i am in the same boat as eccentric. I used the ROM for metro, flashed successfully but was unable to send/recieve mms. i tried what the above steps suggested but no go...anyone else tried something different???
  6. Jon22

Jon22 Well-Known Member

So this is what i ended up doing. Like a fool i didnt save my rom to my PC...oh well. so i ended up downloading the rom for "both" carriers, went through the whole reflash/install process using the rom for both carriers, everything went well but was still unable to send mms. then i changed the settings that are described in the post, and....BAM! i was able to send and recieve mms!!! happy icarus user now!!
  7. cast71

cast71 Active Member

I used the rom for both carriers and mms worked out of the box. I didn't need to change anything;0) It is weird how everyone is having different experiences.
  8. daluvamann

daluvamann Well-Known Member

THIS WORKS
    Initially when i went to my APN settings i noticed there was already one there for metro and everything seemed the same as above so I left it there... I could receive pics but not send them.... so i put in the NEW APN exactly as above (except I added my username info from the metro apn that was there before) then made sure to put the green dot on the NEW APN and it worked!!!! I can now send and receive pics.....
  9. Jon22

Jon22 Well-Known Member

Like cast said its wierd how different ppl are having issues with it. I didnt add a user name when i recreated my APN, and it works great, and cast said nothing had to be changed on his APN!....oh well at least were all happy :D :D
  10. rlugo29

rlugo29 Well-Known Member

I tried all the above with no luck. I need help.
  11. Joeyjams

Joeyjams Member

Ok I followed above steps I can now send and recieve pics but for some strange reason I send a standard text to a new person unless I send a pic to them first. Anyone ?
  12. Joeyjams

Joeyjams Member

I meant cant send
  13. AndroWolfboy

AndroWolfboy New Member

i did the same thing and i added the apn number from the original settings
  14. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

I've noticed issues on occasion with SMS/MMS programs installed from the market, while the stock MMS app seems to work just fine.