Ice Cold Hero?

Last Updated:

1. SportsPT

SportsPT Active Member This Topic's Starter

Any suggestions regarding using the Hero in cold weather? I am going to be out in the cold (0-20 F)for quite a few hours (~24), and am wondering if I should just leave my Hero at home. I would like to have it for the compass, GPS, and Google Sky but also don't want to ruin the screen etc. Anyone in the frozen North with any experience or tips?

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Probably be ok if you put it in a sock or something to help insulate it. It does produce a little heat on it's own...so sticking it in a thick sock might do the trick.

3. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

I snowmobile with my hero in my front outer pocket, you should be fine...

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

It runs just fine in the cold. I saw a post a couple months ago from a guy who had been at a Steelers game and used it for a couple hours in extremely cold temps, and it worked just fine

5. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

My only problem has been getting it to recognize a touch when my fingers are cold (or course, I'm not in the frozen north, just North Carolina). Seeing as how I have low blood pressure (I'm the running joke at my Dr's office because they like to have the new nurses take my BP, I'm usually around 90/60, it's not uncommon to hear "you should be dead" lol) cold affects me pretty easily, and if it goes below 75 I have white fingertips. The screen doesn't seem to want to recognize when I touch it, but no problems with the phone itself working.