Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4)General

1. wholocks

wholocks New Member

So the 'Live with Walkman' is definitely getting Android 4.0 (Yay!) - According to the Sony Mobile blog, the update will be dished out to ravenous consumers around May 2012.

If you want a video of Ice Cream sandwich Beta ROM on the Xperia so you can get a taste of what's to come, just type 'demo of sony xperia ice cream sandwich beta ROM' into Youtube.

What do you feel about the prospect of this new OS upgrade?? :D

Advertisement
  2. squall38

squall38 Member

I'm looking forward to it but I think the vanilla ICS interface looks better.
  3. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Actually the ICS update for that phone would be even sooner than May, for this phone it should be available from end of this month and the beginning of April. After May is when the Xperia™ ion, P, U & S should be updated to ICS.
  4. aditiwadekar

aditiwadekar New Member

I have updated my phone version to android 4.0. However, it has badly affected the installation of automatic updates from android market. Downloading just doesnt happen in this new version. What is the solution?
  5. bbfl

bbfl Active Member

Did you try to repair of factory reset your phone right after the installation? It may removes some bugs.
  6. ayaznoor

ayaznoor Well-Known Member

factory reset might work. but i formatted the SD card and repaired the phone software thru PCC, no lagging now, and battery seems to work longer