• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich available through Kies

I read your post and decided to connect to Kies - and for the first time I actually have an update available. I am hoping for the same result - ICS. I will update the post when it has completed the update but I am getting excited.

After it sitting on 55% for over an hour I finally removed it and started the emergency restore but it upgraded my S2 to ICS anyway.

Reactions: FlyingPigL
Upvote 0
Im trying to figure out how to open Kies. Do I need to install it on the computer or will just plugging in the phone via USB make Kies available? I plugged in the USB and searched for Kies and didnt find anything.
you gotta download kies from samsung website. scroll all the way down and make sure software is selected.
edit: hit see all downloads first.

Reactions: TwinSac
Upvote 0
Will be monitoring thread to see if it does better than the problematic 2.3.6. Thanks to all taking the plunge, hope it goes well for you.
so far so good. Seems to freeze, but this could also be GO launcher which I'm trying out.
Also, from a power usage standpoint, jury is out. I was reorganizing my home pages and downloading apps, and power went down from 70% to 30% in 2 hours.

Upvote 0
No luck here, Kies is telling me I have the latest firmware.

Same here. I hope it becomes available for me later today. I saw this message on the Samsung support site:

Kies Server Maintenance Notice: Kies will be unavailable June 22 11a.m.-9 p.m. CST
In order to provide the best experience to our customers, Kies will undergo routine maintenance and will be unavailable on Friday, June 22, from 11 a.m.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones