• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ice cream sandwich - Galaxy ace

Hey everyone I am new here, this is my first post I hope I am in the right forum. Here is my question, will the Galaxy Ace be getting ICS (Ice cream sandwich) and if so should I upgrade or stay on Gingerbread?

Welcome To The Forum. Not sure mate. It's exclusive to Samsung's new Galaxy Nexus phone at the moment. It may be available for our phones in the future but don't get your hopes up. On some networks in the UK haven't even updated the SGA to Gingerbread yet!!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone I am new here, this is my first post I hope I am in the right forum. Here is my question, will the Galaxy Ace be getting ICS (Ice cream sandwich) and if so should I upgrade or stay on Gingerbread?

Hi,

Can you please tell me step by step procedure to upgrade my ace from froyo to gingerbread?
I am new to this so it would be appreciated if you tell me in detail.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Niranjan

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can you please tell me step by step procedure to upgrade my ace from froyo to gingerbread?
I am new to this so it would be appreciated if you tell me in detail.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Niranjan

I have updated my phoneto gingerbread officially. The steps are
Connect your phone to samsung kies
click on your phone name there.
It will show that there is a firmware upgrade available.
Do that
you will get gingerbread

Upvote 0
Apparently, the Galaxy Ace is just a few steps below Galaxy S-II and it's 70% sure that the I.C.S (Ice Cream Sandwich) will be available for us S-5830 (Galaxy Ace) users...
Although, our version will not be as great as others. Nevertheless, our version will still be available in the near future (maybe Christmas).
It's proven that it will be, because Samsung executive producers said that it will be available to almost every phone that can support Gingerbread.

If our older brother (Galaxy S-II) has it, why can it not include us?

Upvote 0
Apparently, the Galaxy Ace is just a few steps below Galaxy S-II and it's 70% sure that the I.C.S (Ice Cream Sandwich) will be available for us S-5830 (Galaxy Ace) users...
Although, our version will not be as great as others. Nevertheless, our version will still be available in the near future (maybe Christmas).
It's proven that it will be, because Samsung executive producers said that it will be available to almost every phone that can support Gingerbread.

If our older brother (Galaxy S-II) has it, why can it not include us?

I love the comment you made about the older brother. You are absolutely right we can support it the only thing we cant support is facial recognition. That isn't a issue though. Besides the ace is the younger brother to the galaxy s so there isn't really a reason not to do it

Reactions: acevicente
Upvote 0
Hello everyone!

Im just new here and this is the first time i will ask about our phone. can you help me how can i connect thru internet without paying.. sample Hack the internet because here in philippines before you connect to internet use your phone you need to pay every hour..

i Hope there's anyone can help me. how can i use my phone for brousing.

Upvote 0
I'm new to Galaxy Ace, I have no idea whats this Ice cream. Can anyone explain?

Ice Cream Sandwich is the nickname for android 4.0
it's a newer version of the software, with added and improved features. sort of like windows 7 compared to windows vista.
currently the galaxy ace is running either android 2.2 (froyo) or 2.3 (gingerbread), unless it's been mucked about with by the owner
the ace skipped android 3.0 (honeycomb) since it was for tablets only.

each of the major updates gets a name, and all the names are based on desserts.

Reactions: zZzACEzZz
Upvote 0
Hello everyone!

Im just new here and this is the first time i will ask about our phone. can you help me how can i connect thru internet without paying.. sample Hack the internet because here in philippines before you connect to internet use your phone you need to pay every hour..

i Hope there's anyone can help me. how can i use my phone for brousing.

good day,

you can connect your internet without paying via wi-fi if you have at home or an open wi-fi outside. of course we pay when we connect to the internet its because you are using the 3G of your phone.

i'm also a filipino hope my post answers your question.

Upvote 0
I have updated my phoneto gingerbread officially. The steps are
Connect your phone to samsung kies
click on your phone name there.
It will show that there is a firmware upgrade available.
Do that
you will get gingerbread
I tried to upgrade my Ace during Kies, but when I click the update button, "Kies has stopped working" can you tell me how to fix that?

Upvote 0
I tried to upgrade my Ace during Kies, but when I click the update button, "Kies has stopped working" can you tell me how to fix that?

kies is a clunky software lol your best bet is to un-install then re-install , is that doesnt help which 90% of the time it does you may need samsung drivers from samsung. com if you do need further help pm me.....free! lol:D

Upvote 0
Hi to everyone,
I'm using gingerbread 2.3.4 on my ace, how do I upgrade it to 2.3.6 using kies? I tried but not working.
And I just wanted to know if nfs shift works on My phone? If, plz post the link or pm.
And it is also said that ace has 512 mb ram but can use only 298. Can we use complete 512 mb,if how?
Thanks.

plug into kies and if your carrier has released 2.3.6 in your country then it will prompt for the upgrade. If it doesn't its not officially available and you need to flash it yourself.

The ace uses some of the 512 for the os! so you can only use what is there!

Reactions: Darkwizard999
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones