• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich - Mic issues Voice recognition? PLZ HELP ME!

sem77

Lurker
Sep 19, 2012
I am having to sit and search for two days running now to find he solution to my awful and terrible problem. Of course, this may be just a little problem for some but it's giving me such a headache.

Firstly, thank you for reading and helping. I wish you all well.

Where do I start..... OK, I was running Gingerbread on my Samsung Ace for the best part of the week. But yesterday I decided to root my samsung and install Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 which works beautifully....apart from this very strange thing....the Microphone. Heres what I've done.

I called from my mobile, and it seems everyone can here me. So the Mic is working on calls.

I then tested the sound, sound is working on apps, volume, mp3's and so on.
Ringer is working.

I then decided to try the Google Voice Search (which I couldn't live without on my phone). I have nothing....seeing as the Voice Search worked beautifully with Gingerbread it doesn't seem to work with ICS?!

I have tried to restart, force quite Pico TTS and Google Text To Speak Engine files in Settings/Apps/. I head over to the Google Play store and try to download Google Voice Search. OK, it says it's installed.

I try it out from the top status bar sitting on my home screen shows the Google box and Microphone icon. I press it, it tells me to say something, I say 'search for weather' etc, but there is no Mic Icon in the centre of the application. In fact it's just showing a great grey empty box with a round grey circle in the centre.

I download another voice recognition app....and it says 'MicOff, switch Mic on' with Skyvi. Now I know for a fact this worked when I had Gingerbread. The mobile itself has no fault at all. This issue happened after the install of ICS.

I went to the developers website, left several messages but to no avail. I have done the patch install for sound and camera. All works great but this damn voice recognition thing is getting me in such a mood. I have no explanation?!

What can I do guys? You're all experts here and I dearly would appreciate a solution of discussion please. Thank you very much for reading and hope to hear from you guys soon. :(

P.s there is something called Voice Dialler an application I never saw on Gingerbread. So I have disabled it. Also, I have cleaned Cache on anything regarding the voice applications. Nothing.........Another sleepless night.....I can't believe a machine is defeating me considering it was a person who bloody well made it! LOL Help...pls...I may even consider a reward via paypal x

p.ss software was last updated 8 sept 2012

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones