Ice Cream Sandwich Upgrade to S2 Question...

1. tinman_94

tinman_94 Member

When the update of Android 4.0 comes out for my Samsung Galaxy S2, do you think that it will wipe Samsung's TouchWiz UI?

The new Google Nexus is 100% Android but I don't know if my SGS2 will change to this with the ICS update...? I hope it does! :)

Also, do you think I have a chance of selling my SGS2 and then buying a Google Nexus on pay as you go?

Thanks guys!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

You would need to buy an unlocked Nexus and then talk to your carrier about a pay as you go plan. They may not offer one.
  3. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

The little bit I played with a sgs2 in an ATT store the touchwiz stuff looked like it was just barely there, at least compared to what htc does, it had a very aosp gingerbread look to it other than the launcher, colored icons in the settings menu and some things in the notif-pulldown. I would bet (hope actually may be the more appropriate word) all manufacturers will be toning down their ui mods on ics.
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Very likely that the GS2 will get ICS with TouchWiz. Just like I expect HTC and Motorola to put their UIs on over ICS. They all did for Eclair, Froyo, and Gingerbread. Why not expect it for ICS?
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

ICS is the first version of Android I've seen that doesn't make me want an OEM overlay. I can understand why some people want the cleaner, sleeker vanilla experience, but for me that experience is extremely limiting and doesn't have the flash and pop that Sense does. Sense adds extra functionality for me. Vanilla ICS makes it look like I don't need that.
  6. One can only dream, I hate Touch Wiz. First thing I did when I got my SG2 was install Launcher Pro :) Having said that, its very doubtful it will. Thats one thing that takes the carriers so long to push the update, they have to optimize the new OS to work with their UI. I would love to have a pure Android device, but the Nexus S 4G was an awful phone, took it back.