Ice cream sandwich wifi issues

Last Updated:

1. skaizen

skaizen Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I just updated my s2 to ice cream sandwich, and all is fine except for the wifi. I connect to my home wifi, and it works perfectly for 5 minutes, then it stops working (all i see is the upload signal, and no download signal) and i have to keep turning it on and off again. I know its not the wifi issue cuz my blackberry/computer connect to wifi perfectly and remain connected. I also tried using a different wifi network and it had the same problem on the s2. Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Check the settings somewhere and check the wifi timeout setting. Im not familiar with your device but it should be in there somewhere.

3. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Check under Settings, Wifi section and look for Proxy, make sure it is blank if any info is listed. I had a similar issue with wifi kept showing Web page is not available, clearing the Proxy box fixed it.

4. skaizen

the proxy was already cleared. I thought it was an ics issue so i went back to gingerbread, but the wifi problem still happens :/

5. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Have you considered a factory reset? This usually fixes most bugs associated with the software update.

6. skaizen

i've already done a factory reset but the problem still persists

7. skaizen

i just did a factory reset, but it didn't solve the issue. also, i went back to gingerbread but it still has the same issue.

8. bonemd

bonemd New Member

Having same problem as MANY others. Galaxy S2 and wireless with ICS. Mine connects to wireless networks but BLUE phone symbol does not come on screen. If I go to settings, wireless, networks ---it shows I am connected to the network. But no blue phone symbol. However, If I TOUCH screen (anywhere) and close screen THEN little blue symbol comes up --- but it won't do so automatically like it is supposed to. Something MUST be wrong with software. I use T-Mobile. bonemd