Ice Cream SandwichGeneral

1. johnnyblaze018

johnnyblaze018 New Member

Is the Bionic ever going to get ice cream sandwich?

Advertisement
    :
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Officially? No one knows 100%. rumors suggest that it will get it. However i wouldn't expect it before June/July ish
  3. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Motorola did say the bionic is going to get ice cream just no official date yet.
  4. KaveMahn

KaveMahn Active Member

5. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

What other phones have it now?, just one I thought, The Nexus. If that is the case, It is going to be sometime before we see it on the Bionic.
  6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I'm guessing late 2nd qtr at the earliest but with webtop being a part of Motorola phones it might even be pushed to 3rd qtr.
  7. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

How well will ICS run on the Bionic? I would like to have it, but was the hardware designed for it run smoothly on?
  8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The TI OMAP dual-core processor and the amount of RAM in the Bionic is the same as was used in the Galaxy Nexus. It should be just fine.
    wildkitten and xmr405o like this.
  9. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

??????????????????
  10. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

11. xmr405o

Officially? Only the gnex. Unofficially...there's quite a few but most of them do not have everything working most notably the front facing camera and the camcorder.
  12. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Well-Known Member

The nightlies from STS work pretty well. It's smooth, but there are a few bugs because Motorola hasn't released anything to aid in development.

Gummy is supposed to be smoother, but it's going under code merges into GummyNex. That one I build myself in Ubuntu.
  13. wildkitten

Oh, and is it also true that under ICS there won't be bloatware that can not be uninstalled even on unrooted phones?
  14. xmr405o

15. xmr405o

Yup that's supposed to be true but I'm not sure if it's only for the nexus line. I wouldn't put it pass VZW to block that functionality of removing bloatware on non Nexus phones.
  16. wildkitten

Why would they allow uninstallation of bloatware on Nexus and not allow it on other ICS phones?

And what is the point of not allowing bloatware to be uninstalled? Do they think people will just break down and use it? Seems like there would be more to gain from a PR standpoint if they allowed people to remove it.
  17. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

18. Styrisvps

Styrisvps Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing.
  19. sgschwend

sgschwend Well-Known Member

In my experience from having an LG smartphone and moving to the Bionic, Motorola is much more active in providing firmware updates and fixes.
  20. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

Runs great on my bionic