Ice Cream Sandwich!General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Hey all, I have 3 questions...

1) Are any Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs stable enough to run as a daily driver yet? If so which ones? And which is the best, most popular, most stable one to use?

2) I believe the official ICS update comes out for the UK tomorrow... I have a factory unlocked unbranded S2 so no waiting for carriers. I am currently on CheckROM so if i use ODIN to flash back to XXKI4 which is 2.3.4 (What my phone came on), will kies then give me the update to ICS? Also if I flash official XXKI4 over CheckROM will I keep all my data etc...? (Although I know I will loose root).

3) I have been looking at XXLPQ on this page [ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KL1/2/3/LA2,4/LB2,LPE/Q/7 Download - xda-developers - is that one good enough to run and will I get future kies updates from that firmware? Also how do I root when on ICS cos I can't seem to find insecure kernels for those firmwares on 4.0.3?

Please don't say its all about personal preference and all that cos I don'r have a clue what's best.

Thanks very much in advance! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be... 3 questions? :D

Samsung obviously believe that their official release is good enough.

However, some of the major custom ROM developers are calling it, "less than perfect", and are waiting for updates to the official ICS.

As for custom ROM's, (not official), then AndyX and WanamLite are 2 of the most popular.

UK ICS is rumoured for tomorrow the 19th and will be available, via Kies, for unbranded handsets running stock firmware.

As always, when flashing a new ROM, it is advisable to make a backup of all information. Although the new firmware is, "non-wipe", things can go wrong.

These are the Polish and Indonesian versions of ICS and therefore there is no point in installing them when the UK version is released. With the stock UK version of ICS you will receive updates via Kies. If you root your ICS... you will not.

As for ICS CF-Root kernels... see here in the number 1 place to find ChainFire, (CF), kernels:-

xda-developers - View Single Post - [15.03.2012][CF-Root 5.4] K/EFGHIJKLP*, LA2/4, LP1/2/6/B/H/J/Q - su+bb+CWM4/5
  3. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Woops yeah 3 questions, thanks a lot for that info :)
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Plus, if you're discussing custom ROMs then it should be posted in All-Things-Root. Where there's already at least one other similar topic ;)

Custom ROMs for ICS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.