Ice cream sandwich!!!General

Last Updated:

1. MdPhoenix

MdPhoenix Member

Advertisement
  2. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Isaac just got upgraded to a Category 1 hurricane! That's a pretty good storm. Doesn't help with the ICS deal though...
    ;)
  3. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

The latest rumor I heard on this was about a soak test through September 3rd. If the 3rd comes and goes with no new RUU soaks, the update'll probably (pure speculation) be pushed out around the 10th or so. I pop in here and a few other places every day, but things are pretty quiet, which may be good new as far as a early to mid September rollout. It'll breathe new life into this phone...especially for those of us whose upgrade date isn't until 2013.
  4. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

5. dachillfx

dachillfx Well-Known Member

Does it allow you to remove Big Red's bloatware. Being that you are rooted, you probably already done that. Just wanted to know for us non rooted if ,(that is if Verizon doesn't screw with it much)we will be able to remove the nonsense apps, with the new Sense UI???
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

If you're asking if non-rooted users can remove bloatware, don't count on it.
  7. dachillfx

You are probably right. Just thought the new Sense UI would allow that capability,but even if it does Verizon will probably restrict it from happening. Just wishful thinking I suppose. Hopefully we will hear something (else) soon...
  8. MdPhoenix

MdPhoenix Member

I'm a patient man.....
  9. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

I'd gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today! LOL
  10. irochos101

irochos101 Member

Anyone know if the update will allow us to use foxfi wifi instead of only the bluetooth?
  11. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

Good question. No idea. That may be something the developer of the app can answer but I don't know if the issue is GB-related or HTC-specific for some other reason.
  12. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

So when the hell is the OTA coming??
  13. dachillfx

In this case no news is bad news, halfway through the month and I can hear a rat piss on cotton. HTC's logo Quiet brilliantly is the opposite of what I expect as it pertains to this elusive update. Htc and Big Red are coming up small with yellow streaks and no backbone. We want, need, and deserve some news pertaining to ICS and Sense 3.6. Now...
  14. dachillfx

In this case no news is bad news, halfway through the month and I can hear a rat piss on cotton. HTC's logo Quiet brilliantly is the opposite of what I expect as it pertains to this elusive update. Htc and Big Red are coming up small with yellow streaks and no backbone. We want, need, and deserve some news pertaining to ICS and Sense 3.6. Now...
  15. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

I thought HTC was blaming VZW and VZW was blaming HTC?
  16. The Absolute

The Absolute Well-Known Member

This is wack...my daughter has been waiting on this update since I got it on my Maxx.
  17. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Wow. Was supposed to be August. Here it is, the end of September and nothing...no word even, AFAIK.
  18. bikeral

bikeral Active Member

Unfortunately, this is driving me to an iphone 5 cause I think HTC is not interested in us any longer. Each update has been slow in coming, and their silence is deafening. What a shame.
  19. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

Why is it driving you the iPhone 5? If anything, it would drive me to a Nexus phone. No worries about "skins" delaying updates. Besides, if rumors are true we may have 5 different ones to choose from. Insofar as the TBolt updates, we don't know if HTC has already delivered the update to Verizon and it is Verizon holding things up.
  20. Funderbolt

HTC and the service providers like Verizon need to shit, or get off the pot.
  21. arcos05

arcos05 New Member

Verizon isnt gettin the icecream for thunderbolt. Thast what they told me when i ordered my thunderbolt replaceme last weekk. MY KEYBOARD IS SLOW RESPONDING
  22. arcos05

arcos05 New Member

No sandwhich for thunderbolt !!!!!!! Verizon said no updates for that phone anymore
  23. Funderbolt

It's obviously a business decision.
  24. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Link?