Ice Cream to Jelly Bean Update?General

1. RocketFoot

RocketFoot Well-Known Member

If I get a Galaxy 2 10.1 tab and it has Ice Cream on it, what do you have to do to upgrade to Jelly Bean? The tab is brand new from Wal-Mart but the description lists Ice Cream as the OS. Is it a simple upgrade or does it require rooting and flashing and all that? I've read about factory updates...hopefully it is that easy! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

To upgrade to JB, you either have to wait for SS to release the new Firmware, you can get on a list of Beta testers where they may add you to test the JB firmware beta release, or you could root your device and flash the latest JB firmware, hope this helps.

I do not know how you get on the beta test list, maybe someone else will chime in on that.
  3. RocketFoot

RocketFoot Well-Known Member

Hopefully, SS will roll out an update...I see the Galaxy S III phones are running JB (from Sprint, anyway). I am just not comfortable with rooting yet! :eek:
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

When in doubt do without ;) Your best to wait to allow all the bugs to be ironed out, cheers

RocketFoot likes this.
  5. Knightmare69

Knightmare69 Active Member

Just wait it out, honestly for me personally JB isn't a better OS. The battery on my S3 drains alot faster on JB from ICS so I'm not in a hurry to see my Tab2 do that also.
    blue02 and DonB like this.