iCloud and Google Calender

1. pchow33

pchow33 Member

Has anyone found a way to get an iCloud calendar onto an android phone. My wife has moved the family calendar to iCloud and I just need to get read access to her calendar. Have spent the last week looking at different possibilities an haven't found anything that works. It seem that icloud won't talk with Google calendar. I found one App "Just Sync" but since I don't have an iCloud account not sure if that would work.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to try to convince the family to use a Google calendar as their default ... since it could easily be hooked into iCal using CalDAV. I'm a long-time Mac user, but still keep my appointments on a Google calendar, and it works perfectly with iCal, iCloud, and all my Mac and iOS devices. Exactly the same as an iCal calendar would, except that the data also shows up on my Android devices, too.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I'd think you are using a Mac at home, so sync your Mac's calendar to Google while its syncing to iCal. Then you sync your Google calendar to your Android phone.
  4. pchow33

pchow33 Member

Thanks for the thoughts. Thought about that and may be the way we go. She used to use Outlook and synced that to Google calendar and that worked (most of the time.) The challenge is that I am the odd man out, because my 3 older kids also have iPhones and are accessing the main family iCloud based calendar.
  5. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

I switched from an Android phone to an iPhone a couple weeks ago, and it just took a couple of seconds to add my Google calendar to it via CalCAV. It works just the same as an iCal calendar would. So the only problem, I think, would be to convince the family. :)
  6. pchow33

pchow33 Member

I wish she was using a Mac

She uses PC based outlook. I finally got her to move her calendar to the cloud.

Actually thinking of buying her a mac for Christmas, because I spend so much time fixing her PC problems. Scheduling is a nightmare for us, we have 6 kids, and my wife's biggest app is calendering. Trying to find her a good long term solution.
  7. chanchan05

8. pchow33

pchow33 Member

It gets more complicated, because iCloud creates its own folder in outlook and doesn't use the main calendar folder in PC outlook (a lot of people screaming over this one in the Mac forums.) and Google sync grabs the main outlook folder. I also get worried with too many syncs.

THanks for the continued thoughts
  9. chanchan05

It all boils down to how Apple wants to control your soul dammit. Get your children to use Google calendar. LOL.
  10. pchow33

pchow33 Member

4 iPhones and one Android (me) in the household. I am fighting a losing battle against the borg.
  11. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

"Well, <enter daughter's name>, if you don't want me to miss your soccer games, you need to sync iCal to Google Calendar so that I get the appointment on my superior device, dear."
  12. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

gSyncit lets you select the calendar you wish to sync rather than using only the main outlook folder.
  13. ch229151

ch229151 Well-Known Member

I too would love a solution to this. Coming from an iPhone and all Mac products certainly doesn't make my life easier. My father and I run a small business, and I need to be able to get to my iCloud calendar through my new GSII. Is there any...ANY...way to do this? It appears as though google calender doesnt sync with iCloud, but it could sync with iCal...so would I have to go iCloud-->iCal-->Google Calender---GSII? IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?? AHHHH
  14. twohalls

twohalls New Member

to sync calendars with iphones and macs, All you need to do is:

Setup google contacts in iPhone settings in iTunes

Setup google calendars in Ical in accounts under preferences

your Android devices should then upload all new contacts and calendar appointments to other IPhones and computers.
  15. EasyMatt

EasyMatt New Member

16. Obelix25860

Obelix25860 New Member

I've been using SmoothSync for a few months now - best $3.00 I ever spent. It's totally transparent integration into Android (I've used with My Atrix 4G on GB 2.3.6 and my One X on 4.0.3).
  17. faberzinho

faberzinho Active Member

im having some trouble with my icloud's email, it's working but i'm not able to see sent messages...
    an example, i send an email from my galaxy and it's on the sent mail there, but if i check it on my mac it's not there and vice versa, it used to work pretty good on my previous iphone...

any advices?