• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Icon for Voice Commands

rickaltman

Apr 13, 2010
I love the voice commands in my Galaxy Nexus and how natural I can speak and still be understood. I don't mind at all that it lacks the personality of Siri, but what I do covet from the iPhone is the great access to voice control. Even on my large screen, the microphone icon inside the Google rectangle is too small.

I would love a widget that provided me better access to voice command. I would happily pay for the ability to place it among one of the five icons along the bottom.

Does such an app exist?

I don't have a Nexus, but isn't there an app "Voice Search" (or whatever app you're talking about), that if you long press and add the app to your screen, it's just a mic icon? You can put that in the dock, or change the icon to anything you download from the net.

edit: After a little research, I guess ICS voice actions are different than GB voice actions. I found what may be a solution for you in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1401541

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones