• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Icon Labels - Froyo

MiBFTo

Feb 12, 2010
So I forced Froyo last night, and I dig it. I actually dig the native homescreens on Froyo better than I dug the custom setup I had with Launcher Pro Beta. Or at least I like it well enough to want to give it a shot.

My major malfunction is icon labels. I effing hate them. *I* know what my stuff is, and with most labels being longer than what can be displayed annoys the OCD part of my brain. All or nothing!! Preferably nothing.

I want to run the native Froyo home screens if I can, but if I could hide the icon labels I'd be a lot happier while I did it. Otherwise I suppose I'll drudge back over to Launcher Pro and try to mimic Froyo as best I can. But in a perfect world there would be an app out there that would do nothing but hide labels. Anyone know of one?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones