Icon Link to SD Card Folder

Last Updated:

1. Tek34

Tek34 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to create a icon on my Droid desktop pointing to a specific folder on my SD Card. I have a folder where I store all my movie videos that I would like quick access. The Gallery is much too slow having to search all my pictures and videos on my entire 16GB SD Card to populate and it doesn't even display the video name (its difficult to identify movies by the small thumbnail it displays). The best way to launch these currently I find is to traverse the directory tree using an explorer app, but I prefer a quicker method if possible. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I'm not seeing anyway to do it, maybe some app could but you would need to search the Market.

3. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have Astro but it doesn't point me to a specific folder, just all the folders on the card. I do have the option to Bookmark but I haven't tried that since I haven't had a need. Astro was recommended for accessing the SD card files.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I think if you put all your videos into one folder within your SD root it might make things easier so you don't have to move through so many pictures.

5. Tek34

Thanks for the replys so far. My best solution so far seems to be by using a nice app call AppSwipe! (don't say it too fast...) I navigate to the SD Card folder once using an explorer app (I'm using AndExplorer), launch a movie from there and just keep the app running. AppSwipe! allows you to pull down the notification list anytime (from within any application), and launch AppSwipe!, which will allow you navigate back to AndExplorer where it remains at the same folder in the tree to immediately launch any of the movies.

6. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

It can be done with Astro, long press in empty space on your homescreen, or bring up the menu and select "shortcut"
    select Astro
    browse to the folder you want, ie videos(for me)
    long press the folder and name if you want, or just leave it the same.
    done.

7. Tek34

Thanks Ape! I knew it should be possible. ASTRO file manager did the trick just as VeryApe described. Very cool.

8. samuelk99

samuelk99 Member

The "File Jump" app on the market provides this functionality directly.

9. cameldownunder

cameldownunder New Member

Thanks. Exactly what i needed.:D