• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Icon of a simcard with exclamation mark at top of screen?

Android185

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
Hello to all Galaxians,

A friend of mine has an icon of a simcard with an exclamation mark (!) over it at the top of her Galaxy S.

She tells me that her Galaxy has switched itself off twice since yesterday... And instead of seeing my name in a particular instant chat app, she sees my cellphone number.

Does anyone know what this simcard-with-[!] icon means? I assume that it is bad news...

Hello to all Galaxians,

A friend of mine has an icon of a simcard with an exclamation mark (!) over it at the top of her Galaxy S.

She tells me that her Galaxy has switched itself off twice since yesterday... And instead of seeing my name in a particular instant chat app, she sees my cellphone number.

Does anyone know what this simcard-with-[!] icon means? I assume that it is bad news...

Well I know this is an old thread BUT I found it through google search and its top for the search term so this info might be useful to people who find this as I did...

The icon means that there is no sim present OR its damaged/dirrty OR that the simlock feature is active and the sim is not readable.

My problem was the latter, the phone had rebooted and the icon displayed although I was able to use the phone normally accept make calls or text. So check if its in there, clean it off and retry or settings and check for simlock (hopefuly you remember the password)

:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones