1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Iconia A500 - AccessoriesSupport

1. Geetarman

Geetarman Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Geetarman

I've also ordered a Padpivot stand, looks like a nice bit of kit, sure it was mentioned here back when it started on Kickstarter:

PadPivot
  3. Wonder Strike

Wonder Strike Active Member

I ordered that exact same screen protector last night. Currys didn't have any. I've also ordered the case, that doubles up as a stand. Got it
  4. Geetarman

I'll be interested to see how you get on with that case, I looked at these but wasn't to sure on it.
  5. Wonder Strike

I'll let you know how I get on. Once I got one for my iPad I never looked back. Part of the reason I went for the Acer. I knew they had made the case I want and even though the Xoom looks nicer, it doesn't matter once you stick it in the case.
  6. Geetarman

Just had confirmation that play.com have dispatched my screen protector should have that sometime next week, hopefully it'll be decent.
  7. Geetarman

Well the screen protector turned up today and I'm not to impressed with it. Not the easiest thing to fit and it seems to distort the screen and bit, feels a bit odd as well as it's a matt finish. Also not the best fit as there is a bit of a gap down one side and along the bottom, guess it could be fitted more centrally but I'd expect the whole screen to be covered.

I'll leave it on for now and give it a chance to settle but hopefully there will be other alternatives out on the market soon.

On a positive note the matt finish does reduce glare a bit.
  8. Wonder Strike

Still haven't got mine yet. Hopefully it will come tomorrow. Doesn't sound too great from what you're saying. Still I've almost been scared to use it without a protector on it!
  9. Geetarman

I dropped acer a note to find out if the screen i Gorilla Glass, the GG site says the Iconia has Gorilla glass but doesn't mention the tablets so it's likey to just be the dual screen laptop iconia.

I really just want to know if the screen would be ok without the protector.

With any luck Zagg will bring out a tab protector, I have their ultimate protection kit on my desire and the screen protector is great.
  10. Wonder Strike

Got my screen protector. Not happy at all wtih it. First of all there are air bubbles everywhere, never had that issue with the iPad protector. I don't like the finish as you say it distorts the screen quality.

I've taken it off and am not going to use one.
  11. Geetarman

I've noticed the air bubbles are caused by tiny particles of dust, total pain to put on.

I've emailed zagg to see if they are planning an A500 kit.
  12. Wonder Strike

I hope someone brings out a decent one. I still haven't got my foldup case either. That's been delayed.
  13. Geetarman

I'll be keeping an eye out on this becoming available I've heard there pretty decent.

Skinomi TechSkin
  14. true357

true357 Member

I just purchased zagg screen for the xoom until they come out with one for a500 fits great check it out.
  15. Geetarman

Zagg wouldn't confirm they will or won't be making one for the A500. Think I'll wait for the skinomi one.
  16. backudog

backudog Member

17. Wonder Strike

Class 6 and above are recommended if you are recording HD video to it. I bought a class 10 for my Camera and it works great.
  18. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

19. gabeyong

gabeyong Well-Known Member

Hi,

Walked down Oxford Street yesterday looking for Iconia Tab A500 screen protector and Acer's Protective Case. No Luck. PC World, John Lewis and HMV did not have any accessories and only PC World had the Iconia Tab A500 on display.
  20. dvmwj

dvmwj Member

It's poor show. Don't fancy the Acer case off their online store, looks too chunky and old-fashioned (from what I can make from the picture). Dixons, Currys and PC World all have the tablet locally where I live in Essex, but now't else
  21. rushmore

Sure hope a market for grip skins starts to pick up. The Iconia is one slippery tablet.
  22. backudog

backudog Member

23. Geetarman

I've ended up ordering the skinomi screen protector from Amazon in the US as the have stock, more than likely be cheaper than the UK price would be.
  24. michaelg1030

michaelg1030 Well-Known Member

Just so everyone is aware the case us now available on the US Acer store for $19.78 plus $10 shipping. Its the same model number as the $40 one at staples.
  25. rushmore

For $20 and maybe $30- (considering it is the only case out there) that would be okay, but $40 is too high for sure. Here is my review of the Acer branded protective case. Staples is marking it up too high:

I just picked up the Acer Protective Case. It costs $40 plus tax at Staples.

Build & function:

1. Flimsy- About half the weight & material of similar iPad products and inferior to the Xoom case.

2. Lint magnet. The combination of black and the texture used, can stick and show things you did not even notice was there when sat down.

3. The Display flap and stand function are very flimsy and offers minimum protection at best. Medium accute pressure will not be stopped by the cover plates. The main folding part attached to the case is very flimsy and seems likely to perhaps tear over a few months of heavy use.

The actual stand function (due to the flimsy plates) is weak as well.

4. The "locking system" is a tiny petty velcro button. Very lame and does a poor job fastening and will not last long at all.

5. For drops, the corners and design COULD possibly handle a corner hit of a few feet (on carpet is safer bet). Not sure and do not care to test [​IMG]

6. The fit is tight, but good- once in place (please no jokes...).

If this were $20 it would be okay, but at $40, it is not okay and terrible mark-up cost. At least with the iPad cases, you get good material, fairly solid plates and no flimsy feel.

When considering cost and build, this case is a "C-". This case is Cartman level lame. Going back (probably.... nothing else out there). I will probably order from Acer, since this case is STILL better than a $20 skin.

added:

At $20, it would be a "B", perhaps, since better than nothing.

added part two:

Considering grip skins for this are going for about $20, this case is a better option. The grade curve is kind to this product, since the only one. If the plates were more solid and a magnet fastener used, this would not be that bad and OK for $40.
    dasudevil and Colby like this.