• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Iconia WIFI but this one is different

antonio8

Jun 14, 2010
I connect fine and can surf the net and connect to the market, connect and send and recieve e-mails.

BUT when I go to try and look for software update I get this message "Network coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue." Also when I try to see my apps in the market I get this message "A network error has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to previous screen."

I am sitting like 2 feet from the router with a perfect signal.

Any thoughts?

Non rooted on 3.2

Try these tips to clear cache. It may help.

You can clear the browser cache, history, and location settings by:

1) clicking menu/more/settings from within the browser,
2) Clear Cache, and Clear History are there.

It may be that you are signed in to google at the time of searching google and it may also be the case that you have web history enabled with google.
If this is true, you will have to clear your browsing history from your google web history page http://www.google.com/history/

You can also manage applications and clear cache of individual apps by:
1) clicking menu/settings from the home screen.
2) clicking applications
3) manage applications
4) find app, click, clear data/cache

Upvote 0
Tried everything. Clearing cahe on many apps and the market.

Some people over on the acer tablet forums tried helping to.

Finally I gave up and did a complete factory reset.

Lost evrything but everything is working fine now. So I had to go back and reinstall everything and set my screens back up.

weddle - it wasn't with my si-fi because everything else connected to wi-fi worked flawlessly.

splatoid - if this ever happens again I will try the ggogle web page history

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones