Icons with no text underneath?!?!?Support

Last Updated:

1. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I want to put just the Icon on my homescreen with no text underneath. I downloaded anycut but when you create the shortcut you have to have some form of text under it. I even tried just hitting the space bar and it worked but has a little gray dot underneath of the icon. Is there any apps that i can download for this or will i need to be rooted. I am not currently rooted.

All I want on my homescreen is People, Internet, Market, and Handcent. Handcent has an option for no text under it if i use a widget. None of the others have that option.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Try LauncherPro!

It has an option to hide Icon Labels.

iowabowtech likes this.
  3. nimbuscrenel

nimbuscrenel Active Member

You can use Desktop Visualizer to do this- that's what I did. Now if I could just figure out how to get widgets with animated icons (like Sync All) or ones with notifications (like Messages) to have no text labels I'd be set.

4. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Launch-X Pro for 99 cents in the market. Well worth it!

5. LSXMMA

LSXMMA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded desktop visualizer and still had gray text area even after i kept selecting transparent. LauncherPro was free and works fine plus i like the dock icons better. Thanks

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

+1. Only way to go.

7. nimbuscrenel

nimbuscrenel Active Member

That's weird it didn't work for you, but at least you found a solution. I just wanted to keep the stock launcher so didn't go the Launcher Pro route. Here's what i was able to do with Desktop Visualizer though:

[​IMG]

8. amandap83

amandap83 Member

Hey Everyone.

Question about the icons.. I understand Verizon pushes certain apps and yes I know they aren't running or anything but why CAN'T I have the option to atleast hide them?? With my BB I hid what I didn't use, very useful btw.. Am I going to have to root the phone to do this.. any help with this without having to root please! :)

9. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

There are applications which allow this function, for example, Launcher Pro. It allows you to hide any application in the App Drawer.It also is customizable and allows you to change the number of icons displayed, as well as many other great features. Best of all, Launcher Pro is free.

jayjay1122 likes this.
  10. amandap83

amandap83 Member

Thanks, I'll try it out