Icons

Last Updated:

1. omniscian

omniscian Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have tried using Better Cut and Folder Organiser in order to change the icons on my HTC Desire. However, when I try and do this for Messaging, Email or People application, it always reverts back to the standard HTC icon.

How have other people got round this? Or is this just a problem I am experiencing?

I am un-rooted.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem,basically those 3 icons are the only ones you cant change and i think it is because they are interactive eg the message one will tell you how many texts you have.

Dont quote me but i think the only way to change them is to use a different launcher instead of htc sense.

Alternative launchers are ADW launcher,Panda home,Home++,Helix and Launcherpro to name but a few.

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

Im using the app called 'more icons widget' as well as allowing you to get up to four icons in the space currently taken up by one (if you like), it also supports most of the icon packs on the market and also allows you to create your own and import them from picture files on the phone. I have replaced my contacts icon without a problem.

im still using the standard sence ui by the way, on a non rooted phone.

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I had this problem and it was discussed on here previously with no perfect solution found.

However since a recent update to the FolderOrganiser app I have found a way to successfully change the messages icon without it reverting back:

Change the icon using FolderOrganiser, long press the home screen, select Widget / FolderOrganiser item / Apps / Messages. This method also allows you to choose to have the icon text displayed or not.

CarsnGadgets likes this.
  5. omniscian

omniscian Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your responses guys. Il give them all a try when my phones got some charge (it's been a long day!)