Icons

Last Updated:

1. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently using the Ibox icons from the Market, but they look a little iPhone-esq to me, i'm looking for something new & unique.

Anyone have any links to icon packs that would be suitable?

I tried a pack from here: Royalty Free Icons & Clipart Stock Images ~ Icons Etc. but they all seemed small when on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Lots of choice here www.iconfinder.com/browse/popular and here www.findicons.com/pack

All of the ones I'm using I've gone for the 128x128 size which come up as the standard size on the phone's screen and are the highest quality ones.

You can save them direct to your sd card so they don't take up valuable phone storage space like the ones from the market do.

3. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

All those icons at that site have a transparent border around them and so subsequently look small on the phone. Remove the border and they are fine.

As far as having ones 128x128 being highest quality, you're just actually wasting space. Max size, I believe, the Desire can handle is 72x72 or may only be 48x48. Anyway, anything over 72x72 just makes the file larger and therefore takes up more storage and memory :)

snowmobile likes this.
  4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying that. I did wonder what size I should be using. I tried some 32x32 ones and they looked terrible, really pixellated. I think the next size down from 128x128 is 64x64 so I might go for those in future.