IconsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Stephanie1

Stephanie1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am using LP (Launcher Pro) and also Folder organizer. I would like to change my icon when i create a folder but all the icon apps out there are for some type of Home. Does anyone know where I can get additional icons or an app that i can use?

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I found a whole bunch of Icon Packs that can be used with Launcher Pro on AppBrain.

3. Stephanie1

thanks, checking it out right now!!!!!!!!! :)

4. Stephanie1

they also are saying i have to use them with a "home" :(

5. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

the folder organizer, is it for applications?

If so app organizer lets you pick an icon and/or customize one.

6. Terabethia

Are you talking about the part that says:
    ***You need Open Home - Full or Better Cut to use this, otherwise you just see an icon gallery*** ?

If so, that is correct, you can't change the icons without a program called Better Cut (I think Any Cut will work too and it's free, but don't quote me on it!).

7. Terabethia

Correct. App Organizer only allows you to do app's. Folder Organizer will do app's and more, like contacts. Pretty much anything on the phone.

Those programs also allow you to customize the icon for the folder.

But if you want to change the icon of the program/app itself, you need Better Cut.

** For instance. If you get App Organizer (or Folder Organizer), in the program itself you can create a custom folder and make the icon to whatever you want. And the icon packs will work for that, even the ones that say "must have Home Full or Better Cut".

But if you want to change the icon of an app or program, such as Gmail, Barcode Scanner, Facebook, etc... you need to use Better Cut.

8. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Guys! don't waste money on better cut! You can change the Icon of an app with folder organizer lite. All you do is create a shotcut then choose the icon u want. U can select from pics or icon packs and u can change the name to. To put It on the homescreen just create a new shortcut and go to 'folder organizer shortcuts' and select the one u want!

I've been looking for Icons to. I suggest u can look at iconspedia.com. may take a while to find wat ur looking for then

9. Terabethia

Humm... never thought about it but you are right. Just tried it and it did work.

TBH, it's kind of a PITA though. Better Cut is so much faster and easier. But your way is free so I guess it's a nice trade off ;)

10. Stephanie1

Thank you so much! did just that and love the default icons. :) Thanks everyone else for the advice and tips.

11. Stephanie1

Thank you so much! did just that and love the default icons. :) Thanks everyone else for the advice and tips.