1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ICS .244 leaked for Bionic (pulled from staging server)General

1. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

My guess about flash is that ICS supports it, so they want it to work.

JB is another story, but ICS still does flash, for better or for worse.
  2. SigmaXiria

SigmaXiria Active Member

What is a staging server?

What is a QA server?

Sorry... new to this stuff... haha
  3. simba1986

simba1986 New Member

where can i get my hands on this update?
  4. HotPepper

HotPepper Well-Known Member

It wil cost ya 65$ an oz yo

Dautley whats your post mean? I dont understanding what you mean by it :p
  5. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Dautley can clarify if I'm wrong but QA quality assurance is still a stage where they are looking for bugs and working them out, staging would be one step closer to an actual full scale release to customers.

dautley likes this.
  6. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

^^^^Quality Assurance servers are mostly for internal testing, staging servers are usually the last stop before something goes live.
    Italian Angel and PowerBomb like this.
  7. SigmaXiria

SigmaXiria Active Member

Have any of the other leaks been found in a staging server before this one?
  8. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

JB does flash just fine on my stock nexus 7. what are you referring to?
  9. techguy378

techguy378 Member

I installed the .230 leak on my Droid Bionic phone. How do I upgrade to the new .244 build? I'm aware I may need to roll back to GB to do this, but I wasn't quite sure how to do that. The .230 build is very, very buggy and has significant lag. Not as bad as GB, but a lot more lag than what ICS should typically have.

@dave1812 - Google Chrome for Android does not support Adobe Flash at all.
  10. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

/facepalm. Way to state the obvious, sport. FYI: Chrome sucks, and Flash works with several browsers such as Dolphin 8.5.1. sigh...
  11. Italian Angel

Italian Angel Active Member

I love your knowledge share. Important on so many levels. IJS. And don't mean to sound condescending in any way. :D
    dautley likes this.
  12. techguy378

techguy378 Member

BUMP! How do I get my Droid Bionic updated from the .230 build to the .244 build? If I need to go back to Gingerbread to do it then that's fine. I just need to know the easiest and quickest way to get the .244 build on my phone.
  13. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

You do not want to go past 232 on ICS. Anything higher than 232 and you can not go back to GB and the work around to get the OTA update is rather complicated from what I have seen some talk about.
  14. Maddog241

Maddog241 Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...links-help-you-ics-back-updated-8-4-12-a.html

This thread should have what you need. I would suggest reading through it completely and NOT going beyond 6.7.232. Builds beyond that one have a different level of security and you can't go back to GB. I have been running .232 since it came out and it is a decent build.

If there is something in the process you don't understand, let me know.
  15. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

16. dautley

HOB is much easier to install/use than it use to be. Just read everything and don't skip any steps, know there is a chance (a very small chance) something in the final OTA could cause this method to fail and if you flash higher than .232 you are off of Gingerbread forever. If you run into problems Samuri is usually quick to offer support, but if you don't follow directions, don't have the asked for logs on hand, or don't do exactly what he says do, just be prepared to have your ego bruised a little bit in the process. :smokingsomb:

If .244 turns out to be soak, I'll be glad to post it and it can be flashed from your SD card with stock recovery from 100% stock .905 (root should be okay but no custom recovery)
    But it would be irresponsible to post it until then.
  17. HotPepper

So when we get the ota does it give us root or do we have to do that seperatly?
  18. dautley

Whats "it" suppose to be? Not sure exactly what your asking but the OTA as received from Verizon will not come rooted.
  19. HotPepper

What tool do you use to root the ota?
  20. dautley

21. SlayersRage

SlayersRage Well-Known Member

Samuri is a good guy, made an amazing update program but may be a bit harsh sometimes. However, he did CLEARLY explain what to do & not skip any steps. I appreciate his work
    CKwik240 likes this.
  22. HotPepper

Ty dautley. Been waiting for weeks now for ice cmon man!
  23. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm missing something here. I found the post the other night on what I needed to download and so forth in order to do ICS. Now I can't find the thread. Could someone point me in the right direction please? I would much rather ask my questions on that thread than post them in the wrong one and have them be off topic. Thanks!!!
  24. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

25. dautley