1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ICS 4.0 (don't kill the messenger)General

1. puppeteer

puppeteer Well-Known Member

I'd look for the update 1st week of June. It's still in testing and they're about a week back from their "end of May" target, according to some very knowledgeable Lenovo folks here this week.

Another Android ThinkPad tablet is also not too likely.. they're still deciding, according to what I was told, but it's not really been a profitable unit in the scale they need to see to continue.

Gonna be a lot of Win8 devices this fall though.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MrPeter1985

MrPeter1985 Well-Known Member

3. MouseLuckyDog

MouseLuckyDog Active Member

A Windows tablet -- no thanks. I've had enough grief with Windows on PCs, I don't need any more. I was planning on getting a TPT 2 when they come out, but since they won't be, I'm waiting on a Note 10.1. A very good tablet from what I've seen, but I liked the external hardware of the TPT better.
  4. puppeteer

At a partner webinar today it was announced we could expect the US ICS in two weeks.

They didn't confirm or deny the demise of android on thinkpad, but it definitely looks like win8 all the way right now.
  5. MrPeter1985

MrPeter1985 Well-Known Member

The new date/deadline is 6/26.

So well have to wait and see. They did confirm new bugs and that they now have fixes for those bugs.

ICS Update - Lenovo Community
  6. puppeteer

I'm not going to get my hopes up before 7/1, as they were telling us that to keep clients up to date.

Here's hoping.
  7. imdickie

imdickie Active Member

Its out. I updated mine last night. Pretty significant speed and stability gains. Definitely worth the 20 minutes it took to do the upgrade.