ICS Anticipation/Discussion ThreadSupport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

The old EVO received its update on June 3rd of 2011. The EVO 3D was released on the 24th of the same month. So there was a few weeks in between.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

3. is it compatible, can I get sense 4 ? and if so how ?

sorry about the typo, It's is supposed to be ics

sorry predictive text...
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I moved your post into this thread, as there is a plethora of information on the topic already here.
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. RAdroider

RAdroider Well-Known Member

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome back to the forums, ktw.

Refresh my memory - do you have an Evo 3D?
    Slug likes this.
  7. 814 htc evo

814 htc evo Well-Known Member

ADOBE FLASH UPDATE, MAPS, AND TELENAV ALL in one shot does that possibly mean we could be seeing ICS REALLY SOON!?!? Cause those are all 3 core related apps (Google,sprint) and adobes description for the brand new update seems like ICS is in our near near future let's hope so!!! EVO 3d ICS = heaven pleases be a positive sign!!!???
  8. jerofld

Heh...relax! It's coming. Of those three, the only one that I saw with any positive indication would be TeleNav. Sprint must be close to handing out ICS updates for devices. We don't know if it'll be the Evo 3D or not first, though. It could be the E4GT (Galaxy S2 variant). It could be something else. But hopefully we'll see the update this month.
  9. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

Those updates came out about a week ago, atleast...but hopefully there will be some good news tomorrow at the HTC event
  10. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I've been reading so much about the HTC EVO ONE I almost forgot about ICS. I do hope we get it soon. I just wish we would get Sense 4.0. But I will take Sense 3.6 if that's all they can do.
    814 htc evo likes this.
  11. 814 htc evo

OKAY now I just got 3 more updates so within 2days time not even a full two days yet my gmail, telenav, and mainly Google or sprint related apps have all been updated.. totaling 13 updates in 1 1/2 days so ICS has got to be right around the corner because I have never had 13 updates in 1 1/2 days mind you I check the "play" every day multiple times a day for updates yes I'm pathetic lol
  12. Corpse11

lol Yes, Sprint and Android 4.0 is right around the corner, they are announcing the EVO One right now, and the Galaxy Nexus will come in about a week or so, along with the Epic 4G Touch getting its 4.0 ICS upgrade soon as well...as for our phone...just keep your fingers crossed...

I can add fuel to the fire by saying I just got a Sprint Zone notification, the usual list of things, but at the bottom it said...HTC EVO 3D software update now available, but when I would click on it, it would just give me a browser error. Who knows, this could just be the old update, or something new might be coming.
  13. Corpse11

In case you wanted to see the EVO ONE (yes, thats a kickstand)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    814 htc evo likes this.
  14. Corpse11

Well...HTC and Sprint event is over...no word or even mention about anything ICS related, just EVO ONE stuff...if you're interested, its scheduled for pre-order on May 7th, $200 with new contract...Android 4.0, Sense 4.0, Beats Audio, 8mp camera, HD voice, 2,000Mah battery, kickstand, all aluminum, dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (quad-core tegra3 doesn't work on LTE network yet), 4.7" 720p screen(gorilla glass)...pretty much the same as the ONE X...
  15. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

Off-Topic; Wish is was an upgrade year for me. Evo One looks amazing. Jealous!
  16. jerofld

The official name is Evo 4G LTE? That won't confuse anyone. Not a single soul. </sarcasm>
  17. 814 htc evo

I couldn't agree more with this guy!!
  18. speedfan

speedfan Well-Known Member

Quick question about the new Evo. Did they get rid of both the menu and search keys? My boss has the new Nexus on Verizon and is always asking me for help with it, and I hate that it doesn't have either. I almost get lost without those 2 buttons. As much as I like the look of the phone that could be a deal breaker for me.
  19. 814 htc evo

Call me crazy but is it just a random coincidence that I have got 14 updates in a matter of two days and every update was a sprint app or Google app !?!? I just got my 14th update in two days sprint NBA!! Is this just a random coincidence or is it by any chance a sign of ICS around the corner and the devs are prepping their apps(Google,sprint) for our phone and the others that ICS is right around the corner for as well .... I have never had 14updates let alone NBA, Adobe, telenav, streetview, Google maps, and a few other less important apps but totaling 14 total in 2days!!!! Not once has this ever happened so i may be stupid or slight bit crazy but i feel like this is a definite ICS sign!!!
  20. 814 htc evo

Okay the part where I said 14 updates for my apps scratch that and change it to 16 updates!!!!!! 16 updates and im only 1 hour into the 3rd day 1am my time!!! So ICS seriously better be following these 16 updates cause there's no way this is all just by coincidence!!!!!
  21. Corpse11

Like I said before, it definitely isn't a coincidence...Sprint IS updating everything for ICS, but that doesn't necessarily mean its just for our phone, all the new phones coming to Sprint in the next few weeks (Galaxy Nexus) and other phones coming later (EVO LTE, etc) will all have to have these updates as almost all of them will be running ICS...

We just have to sit back and keep hoping HTC and Sprint roll out the update for the EVO 3D soon...
  22. 814 htc evo

18 total just got 2 more lol
  23. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

I don't believe that the developers develop an application for each device so receiving a Google App update, is an update that EVERYONE is getting. That would not hint that we are getting ICS soon. Sprint apps being updated...I guess I don't have any Sprint apps on my phone to see get updated. I would take this whole update thing with a grain of salt. It's not good to portray correlation when there may not be any.
  24. 814 htc evo

I know just nice to have thoughts lol and i just got my 19th update for 2 1/2 days no bull !!! Just got it lol
  25. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

Are you talking about updates through the market, or the HTC Software under Settings and Updates? Updates through the market probably don't mean much, because they apply to pretty much any device. Hard to make a correlation there. If you are getting that many updates through the HTC Software updates, it would be a lot more indicative. I have had my Evo3D since launch, so I don't remember how many updates I've gotten through there, but I don't think it is anywhere near the number you are saying.

Now that the LTEvo is official, and it looks like we might get 4G service where I live somewhat soon, I'm not as concerned about the ICS update for my Evo3D. I plan to jump to the new phone at launch. Will be nice to have ICS on my Evo3D though so I can hand it down to my mother-in-law to save her upgrade for later if I need it. She's still running a blackberry, so the Evo3D will be a huge step up for her.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.